Is Islam sexist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Islam sexist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Islam sexist?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Is Islam sexist?  (Read 3485 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: November 17, 2005, 11:34:58 PM »

Of course it is sexist. We should ban Islam.

Yes; one of the few good things about the religion.

Of course. Their hatred of gays is also praise worthy.
Go to hell
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 01:47:26 AM »

Of course it is sexist. We should ban Islam.

Yes; one of the few good things about the religion.

Of course. Their hatred of gays is also praise worthy.
Go to hell
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Erm, I was being a little blunt with the "ban Islam" comment (but I think we should ban Islam extremists and send them back to where they came from), so are you agreeing that we should ban Islam, or my other statement? Huh

Well I don't like Islam at the moment, although I'm sure some of its individuals are nice people, as is the case with all religions. But I don't want to ban it.

I was agreeing with you about where Jake should go.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »

Oh, you mean that week or so where she was just constantly attacking Jake? What was that about, anyway?

Because Jake praised Muslims, and everyone knows Muslims suck.

Yes of course it is. The Koran tells men to beat disrespectful wives, disgusting.

Do you feel the same way about the Southern Baptist Convention telling wives to "gracefully submit to their husbands"? The Koran and the Bible aren't as different as many would think. I agree with you that Islam is more sexist.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:17:46 AM »

Yes of course it is. The Koran tells men to beat disrespectful wives, disgusting.

Do you feel the same way about the Southern Baptist Convention telling wives to "gracefully submit to their husbands"? The Koran and the Bible aren't as different as many would think. I agree with you that Islam is more sexist.

"Submitting" to your husband in a peaceful and understanding way is a LOT different then being authorized to beat the hell out of your wife if she speaks out of turn. The whole point of the "submitting" thing anyway is explaining that the husband is the head of the household and a wife should support the decisions of the breadwinner. Kind of dated, sure, but not horrible like being encouraged to beat a disobedient wife.

I agree, although I'm still annoyed that you hate my favorite movie, although trying to get you to like it is a lost cause so I won't even try.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies