Is Islam sexist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Islam sexist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Islam sexist?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Is Islam sexist?  (Read 3533 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 17, 2005, 01:09:15 PM »

Define more precisely.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:21:40 PM »

No.  At least not any more so than several other major religions.
Ah see, I pretty much agree. But is that a yes or a no? Going by what BR just said I'd suppose it's a yes, not a no.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:43:50 PM »

No.  At least not any more so than several other major religions.
Ah see, I pretty much agree. But is that a yes or a no? Going by what BR just said I'd suppose it's a yes, not a no.

Religion is not an absolute property.  It is passed down through traditions and interpreted.  As far as I am concerned, moderate Muslims are the real Islamists and are practicing their religion according to the highest beliefs of the religion.  As moderate Muslims aren't sexist, Islam is not inherently sexist either.

OK, let's look at a Muslim country often considered moderate like Egypt. Anything like Saudi Arabia or the Taliban? Well no. But still maritial rape is legal
It was in Germany until quite recently. BILD campaigned against the law change, calling it a law against marital sex.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
That is indeed.

By the way, there's parliamentary elections in Egypt.
8 provinces have voted so far, and the Muslim Brotherhood (much the largest opposition party in the country, technically illegal, with some restrictions lifted very recently) has already doubled its no. of MPs from the last entire parliament. (Of course they're technically independents.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:58:51 AM »

You are right BRTD.  It is a well documented fact that we Catholics routinuely beat our wives and hide our daughters math and scinece textbooks.
Actually Patrick, you beat your wives (all four of them) and daughers with their maths and science textbooks. Cheesy
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:00:29 AM »

Depends on the sect. The most prominent(wahbist islam) sect is definatelty sexist.
You're quite mistaken if you consider Wahhabitism to be the most prominent school of Islam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies