This is Bull****
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  This is Bull****
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: This is Bull****  (Read 7633 times)
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:33 PM »

Good post Kevin!  I wholeheartedly agree that political correctness should be stopped.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 02:16:18 PM »

We are hurting ourselves by being politcaly correct.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 07:31:40 PM »

The only political correctness going on here is the correctness of assaulting what is so-called correct, politically speaking.

Which reminds me of the inverse proportions rule of media bias: If most people think the media is liberal, it is probably conservative, and vice versa.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 08:59:36 PM »

I dont have a problem with dispplaying Islamic materials, its good to learn about your world.  But I don't have a problem with Christmas trees either.

And that's the problem.

If you say no to Christmas, you should say no to the Koran, to, eh?  It shows an anti-Christian bias that these people didn't say yes to both or no to both.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

The worst thing about it is I can't say anything about it for fear the school will brand me a racist and put it on my permanent record.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:01 PM »

Kevin, crime goes on your permanent record. Making an opinion does not. I'm sick of these pussies who prance around acting all persecuted when nobody even disagrees with what they're saying. If you go to a private school where they have some kind of extreme system of punishing people who ask questions by branishing some kind of black mark on your record, then I feel sorry for you, but if you go to a normal school they can't punish you for asking questions or stating an opinion.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »

I live in an VERY VERY Liberal part of Loudoun County VA. So I figure I can't predict how the school would respond towards me if I say something. That is why Im afraid to voice my opinion.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 09:38:25 PM »

I live in an VERY VERY Liberal part of Loudoun County VA. So I figure I can't predict how the school would respond towards me if I say something. That is why Im afraid to voice my opinion.

Unless you live right by the airport in Oak Grove, there is no liberal part of Loudoun County.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »

*laughs at everyone who still believes Kevin is a real poster*
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 09:42:51 PM »

I'm surprised liberal places even exist in that county. But anyway... don't they have a school newspaper or something where you can submit a letter or an op-ed piece? Most schools will allow political clubs (Young Reps, Young Dems) or forums to be hosted, providing a teacher will sponsor. Making a request or question about religious displays for Christianity or Judaism can't be out of bounds either, and it doesn't have to be political. Just ask who is responsible for the displays and whether there will be other displays in the future. There should be a lot of ways to get to the authorities without causing offense.

BRTD- what do you mean?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 09:50:17 PM »

In the ruling Lynch v. Donnely, did the Supreme Court rule only that when the nativity is displayed other holiday symbols must de displayed as well? Or was it that when any religous holiday symbol is publicaly displayed all religous icons must be displayed as well?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 09:55:46 PM »

In the ruling Lynch v. Donnely, did the Supreme Court rule only that when the nativity is displayed other holiday symbols must de displayed as well? Or was it that when any religous holiday symbol is publicaly displayed all religous icons must be displayed as well?
The case only involved a nativity scene, so Chief Justice Burger did not address other religious symbols. However, the same logic would apply for other symbols as well.

In any event, if displaying the Ten Commandments is considered unconstitutional (as the Supreme Court recently held), then displaying the Quran should be considered equally unconstitutional.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 10:20:29 PM »

See my earlier post in this thread.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 10:26:44 PM »

My word you are right. Suddenly this thread makes sense.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2005, 04:49:48 PM »

Alcon I live in one of the housing delvopments that are springing up all over the place in eastern Loudoun and most of the people living in these delvopments tend to vote heavily Democratic and be very liberal. Well at least the one I live in they do. 
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 01:14:16 AM »

I wonder if the ACLU would come to protect your First Amendment rights. There are several organizations out there that would help you out if you wish to file a lawsuit.
If you simply ask the administration that they are worried about getting sued for posting a religious display without mentioning anything about Arabs then you shouldn't have to worry about getting labled a racist.
You could try contacting Bill O'Reilly as he likes this kind of stuff. It's good for his ratings so he would put you on. Then Hannity and Colmes will invite you in a few days later.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36:03 AM »

Also A18 Im sure you wouldn't be too shocked to hear that the school I go to is in Loudoun County.

Call your local talk show radio station, and let them know.  You don't have to give them your name, but rather the name of the school.  The radio will take it from there since they are interested in these kind of controversial issues, and make for great debate with the callers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2007, 12:29:01 PM by Coleman Santorumizer »

Funny thread. Dazzleman wanted to satisfy his delusional views about political correctness so badly he believed a fake account.

Also if somehow Kevin isn't fake he still has no clue whatseover about Loudon County politics.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

Funny thread. Dazzleman wanted to satisfy his delusional views about political correctness so badly he believed a fake account.

Also if somehow Kevin isn't fake he still has no clue whatseover about Loudon County politics.

Roll Eyes if that's true, you also created 'opebo'.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 03:33:32 AM »

Roll Eyes if that's true, you also created 'opebo'.

Wow, you actually think Kevin is real?

Besides, BRTD's post doesn't say that dazzleman "created" Kevin.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »

I don't really bother with remembering every "wtf this is bullsh**t" thread that has come into existence, but Kevin has posted similar topics about his "school". Until he posts an actual article from a creditable source about the events at this "school" that he is supposedly attending, I have no reason to believe him. This is the Internet and people are prone to lying on the Internet, especially when prevarication goes directly in their alignment's favour. In fact, I have even less reason to believe him because of how vigourously people such as dazzleman responded. Repeatedly posting generic, worn-out complaints about society that aren't even cleverly disguised as real concerns of victimisation simply becomes tiresome after a while.

I'm not only talking about the conservative hacks, either. A lot of liberal hacks resort to victimisation tactics in hopes of getting sympathy. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work.

Anyway, I still am not convinced that Kevin is a real poster. Why would any sane person take him seriously?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2007, 12:41:52 AM »

Time for the semi-annual bump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States