Israeli Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli Election  (Read 11647 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 21, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

The notion of a centrist party led by Sharon ... yeah well, I still find it hard to wrap my mind around that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 06:30:02 AM »

I like it, but by far the worst is the way Japan does it (or used to, I'm not sure if they switched.) That's the only thing that could possibly make FPTP look good.

The way it is is that you have multiple-member districts (I think it's 4 apeice) and each voter has only one vote. The top 4 vote getters win. So the only thing that matters is being the party best at coordinating tactical voters. No wonder the LDP can't be beaten.
Not the current system ... that's bad too though. Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:02:10 AM »

I'm wondering where the data are coming from... the official sites (Central Election Committee, Knesset) have no results data whatsoever. The Wiki doesn't state a source. (I was lokking for detailed regional results.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »

I'm wondering where the data are coming from... the official sites (Central Election Committee, Knesset) have no results data whatsoever. The Wiki doesn't state a source. (I was lokking for detailed regional results.)

Presumably it came from the count then. It would be nice if the whole lot was published...
It's of course possible that there are official press releases and they're just not putting them on the net ...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 09:11:33 AM »

Do the Haredi parties not believe in passive voting rights for women?

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 07:49:36 AM »

Interesting election, and it went pretty much as I wanted it to. Smiley And instead of wondering what the results would've been under FPTP...how about under a German-level threshold of 5%? Wink
Wait a sec...
all I can tell you without looking (since I've checked that already) is that under Hare-Niemeyer, Kadima, Avoda and Likud would have a seat less each, and Gil, United Arab List and Hadash one seat more. Wink

Frankly, I can't imagine a 5% threshold getting passed in Israel - I can't imagine an Israeli government trying to force the Ashkenazi Haredim out of parliament. (they took around 4.5 IIRC)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »

Meretz and Likud in the same governing coalition? I can't see the logic behind that at all.
Keeping out Kadima's the logic behind it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »

What would be the point of each party putting the party they disagree with far more in just to keep Kadima out?
They might not like the people in charge of Kadima.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »

Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies