Would you marry somebody of a different race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you marry somebody of a different race?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: Would you marry somebody of a different race?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Would you marry somebody of a different race?  (Read 16868 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »

Holy bump, Batman!

I've never had another against people of another race, but I've just never been attracted to girls (or guys) of another race. So no.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well if you read through this thread you'll find yourself in fine company with a gay South African who also happens to be a dedicated racist.  

Well it's not a conscious decision and not anything I can change, so what do you expect me to do?

I realized that in retrospect after I made the post -that's why I deleted it.  I am just going to assume (until told otherwise) that you will not marry women of a different race simply because you aren't attracted to them -not because you find white women inherently superior to them.    

I know plenty of people of other races who are women, and they all seem like fine people; I just aren't physically attracted to them. Nothing wrong with em, but just not attracted to them.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

Why not? But, I am for the most part, mainly attracted to white women, and Europeans especially are preferable to American women. I can't explain it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »

Why not? But, I am for the most part, mainly attracted to white women, and Europeans especially are preferable to American women. I can't explain it.

I dunno, maybe it's genetics, maybe it's a subconscious socio-cultural thing; it'd be an interesting thing to study psychologically, actually.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »

I voted wrong before I thought about it.  I voted no, but then I just realized I totally would marry a Kenyan woman if the opportunity presents itself.  My vote should be a yes.

lol
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »

Almost every women in my area is of a different race so, yes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »

I am not attracted to most African Americans or Hispanics, so no...but its not impossible, of course Smiley I would not marry outside my religion, however.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »

Of course I would, though I've never been attracted to any black/Asian/Hispanic/Native/anything else besides white men before. But then again, all my crushes are fictional.

...so alone...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

My preferences, to the extent that I have them, are culturally determined. After three hours of watching the film Zulu, I found myself much more attracted to Bantu women than I normally am. The important thing was that I could locate them within the culture. I realize that this is just another form of fetishism, but then that is why relationships can't be based on sexual attraction alone.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »

I voted wrong before I thought about it.  I voted no, but then I just realized I totally would marry a Kenyan woman if the opportunity presents itself.  My vote should be a yes.

So other than Kenyan women, you would only marry a woman who is 31/32 white and 1/32 Native American?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

I am not attracted to most African Americans or Hispanics, so no...but its not impossible, of course Smiley I would not marry outside my religion, however.

Is that a policy set by your church or is it something you've decided? Also, would you marry somebody not of your religion but who has a possibility of converting to it?
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »

Asian women are pretty hot.

I'm not into the whole marriage thing though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »

Is that a policy set by your church or is it something you've decided? Also, would you marry somebody not of your religion but who has a possibility of converting to it?
Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert.
Asian women are pretty hot.

I'm not into the whole marriage thing though.
Agreed on the Asians. Disagree on marriage.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »

Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert. .

What I mean is, if there's a girl you want to marry, who's not a member of your religion, who's open to and interested in it, but hasn't joined it but might do so in future?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »

So other than Kenyan women, you would only marry a woman who is 31/32 white and 1/32 Native American?

I don't have any real desire or attraction to other African-Americans or Asian, Asian-American.  I wouldn't mind a Native American girl, either Potawatomi or other tribe, no matter the amount.  Mostly, though, other than Kenyan girls, I am attracted to predominately white girls.  And, really, I am more attracted to the whites than I am Kenyans.

I will put a tag on the back of this by saying I will gladly accept whomever the LORD brings my way.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »

Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert.

Yeah.  I feel this way, too.  The denomination wouldn't be entirely important to me, though.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »

I plan to
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »

Almost every guy of every race I know is attracted to Latinas. I guess they're the most likely to marry out out of any race/gender combination.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2012, 12:03:17 AM »

I wouldn't marry at all.

But if I would, then of course.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2012, 12:16:47 AM »

The probability of that happening is extremely low. Not zero, but close enough that I consider it such in practice. So I guess my answer is no.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2012, 12:19:14 AM »

Am I the only one reminded of this video (4:10 to 4:25 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3NhrApFME&t=4m10s

I don't have any real desire or attraction to other African-Americans or Asian, Asian-American.  I wouldn't mind a Native American girl, either Potawatomi or other tribe, no matter the amount.  Mostly, though, other than Kenyan girls, I am attracted to predominately white girls.  And, really, I am more attracted to the whites than I am Kenyans.

I'm a little lost as to what's so different about Kenyans compared to others from East Africa, but OK.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2012, 03:45:44 AM »

I remember this thread. It's a bit scary in how much racism is going on in it.

My answer is yes, of course.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2012, 03:46:37 AM »

How can you ask such a question ? I have no damn clue who I would or would not marry. Love depends on factors which are far beyond human comprehension and rationality.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2012, 04:03:32 AM »

I date outside my race more often than I've dated within it, so it's probably more likely than not.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2012, 04:24:34 AM »

Depends on the woman.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies