Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 07:01:15 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Would you marry somebody of a different race?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Poll
Question: Would you marry somebody of a different race?
Yes   -112 (83.6%)
No   -22 (16.4%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 134

Author Topic: Would you marry somebody of a different race?  (Read 7601 times)
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »
Ignore

Holy bump, Batman!

I've never had another against people of another race, but I've just never been attracted to girls (or guys) of another race. So no.

Also, it's so R-Money to unabashedly ruin a thousand dollar suit with ice water and laugh about it.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:56 pm »
Ignore

I wouldn't, simply because I don't really find people of other races attractive. I just don't.
Well if you read through this thread you'll find yourself in fine company with a gay South African who also happens to be a dedicated racist.  

Well it's not a conscious decision and not anything I can change, so what do you expect me to do?

I realized that in retrospect after I made the post -that's why I deleted it.  I am just going to assume (until told otherwise) that you will not marry women of a different race simply because you aren't attracted to them -not because you find white women inherently superior to them.    

I know plenty of people of other races who are women, and they all seem like fine people; I just aren't physically attracted to them. Nothing wrong with em, but just not attracted to them.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:21 pm »
Ignore

Why not? But, I am for the most part, mainly attracted to white women, and Europeans especially are preferable to American women. I can't explain it.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:09 pm »
Ignore

Why not? But, I am for the most part, mainly attracted to white women, and Europeans especially are preferable to American women. I can't explain it.

I dunno, maybe it's genetics, maybe it's a subconscious socio-cultural thing; it'd be an interesting thing to study psychologically, actually.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:29 pm »
Ignore

I voted wrong before I thought about it.  I voted no, but then I just realized I totally would marry a Kenyan woman if the opportunity presents itself.  My vote should be a yes.

lol
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »
Ignore

Almost every women in my area is of a different race so, yes.

"Weezy F Baby and the F is for Phenomenal" - Lil' Wayne

"Look at this photograph/Every time I do it makes me laugh/How did our eyes get so red?/And what the hell is on Joey's head?" - Nickelback
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »
Ignore

I am not attracted to most African Americans or Hispanics, so no...but its not impossible, of course Smiley I would not marry outside my religion, however.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:34 pm »
Ignore

Of course I would, though I've never been attracted to any black/Asian/Hispanic/Native/anything else besides white men before. But then again, all my crushes are fictional.

...so alone...

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:12 pm »
Ignore

My preferences, to the extent that I have them, are culturally determined. After three hours of watching the film Zulu, I found myself much more attracted to Bantu women than I normally am. The important thing was that I could locate them within the culture. I realize that this is just another form of fetishism, but then that is why relationships can't be based on sexual attraction alone.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »
Ignore

I voted wrong before I thought about it.  I voted no, but then I just realized I totally would marry a Kenyan woman if the opportunity presents itself.  My vote should be a yes.

So other than Kenyan women, you would only marry a woman who is 31/32 white and 1/32 Native American?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:00 pm »
Ignore

I am not attracted to most African Americans or Hispanics, so no...but its not impossible, of course Smiley I would not marry outside my religion, however.

Is that a policy set by your church or is it something you've decided? Also, would you marry somebody not of your religion but who has a possibility of converting to it?

MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -9.04

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:20 pm »
Ignore

Asian women are pretty hot.

I'm not into the whole marriage thing though.

Economic: -52 trillion
Social: -24 billion
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »
Ignore

Is that a policy set by your church or is it something you've decided? Also, would you marry somebody not of your religion but who has a possibility of converting to it?
Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert.
Asian women are pretty hot.

I'm not into the whole marriage thing though.
Agreed on the Asians. Disagree on marriage.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »
Ignore

Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert. .

What I mean is, if there's a girl you want to marry, who's not a member of your religion, who's open to and interested in it, but hasn't joined it but might do so in future?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:14 pm »
Ignore

So other than Kenyan women, you would only marry a woman who is 31/32 white and 1/32 Native American?

I don't have any real desire or attraction to other African-Americans or Asian, Asian-American.  I wouldn't mind a Native American girl, either Potawatomi or other tribe, no matter the amount.  Mostly, though, other than Kenyan girls, I am attracted to predominately white girls.  And, really, I am more attracted to the whites than I am Kenyans.

I will put a tag on the back of this by saying I will gladly accept whomever the LORD brings my way.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »
Ignore

Its a personal policy. It would lead to needless problems. I would never force my spouse to convert.

Yeah.  I feel this way, too.  The denomination wouldn't be entirely important to me, though.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »
Ignore

I plan to
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »
Ignore

Almost every guy of every race I know is attracted to Latinas. I guess they're the most likely to marry out out of any race/gender combination.

"Weezy F Baby and the F is for Phenomenal" - Lil' Wayne

"Look at this photograph/Every time I do it makes me laugh/How did our eyes get so red?/And what the hell is on Joey's head?" - Nickelback
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2012, 12:03:17 am »
Ignore

I wouldn't marry at all.

But if I would, then of course.
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2012, 12:16:47 am »
Ignore

The probability of that happening is extremely low. Not zero, but close enough that I consider it such in practice. So I guess my answer is no.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2012, 12:19:14 am »
Ignore

Am I the only one reminded of this video (4:10 to 4:25 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3NhrApFME&t=4m10s

I don't have any real desire or attraction to other African-Americans or Asian, Asian-American.  I wouldn't mind a Native American girl, either Potawatomi or other tribe, no matter the amount.  Mostly, though, other than Kenyan girls, I am attracted to predominately white girls.  And, really, I am more attracted to the whites than I am Kenyans.

I'm a little lost as to what's so different about Kenyans compared to others from East Africa, but OK.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2012, 03:45:44 am »
Ignore

I remember this thread. It's a bit scary in how much racism is going on in it.

My answer is yes, of course.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2012, 03:46:37 am »
Ignore

How can you ask such a question ? I have no damn clue who I would or would not marry. Love depends on factors which are far beyond human comprehension and rationality.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2012, 04:03:32 am »

I date outside my race more often than I've dated within it, so it's probably more likely than not.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
I, for one, fully support the increasing gifification of the Atlas.
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2012, 04:24:34 am »
Ignore

Depends on the woman.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout