What party would you vote for in the next Israeli election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:00:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What party would you vote for in the next Israeli election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party would you vote for in the next Israeli election?
Likud

National Responsibility

Labour

Shinui

Shas

National Union

Yachad

Mafdal

Agudat Israel

Degel HaTorah

Hadash

Balad

Yisrael Ba'aliyah

Balad

Ra'am

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What party would you vote for in the next Israeli election?  (Read 3374 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: November 22, 2005, 04:44:23 PM »

I have long ago decided for myself that in Israeli politics I would have been sentensed to be voting Hadash. This has nothing to do with their policies: I am a comitted anti-communist, and Israel would be the only country where I would vote for a Communist party. The problem is that Hadash is the only explicitly bi-communal party, and as a non-Zionist ethnic Jew of internationalist persuasion I do not view either the Zionist Jewish or Arab Nationalist parties as acceptable. 

In the absence of that consideration (i.e., if the Arab-Jewish issues, at least within Israel, had been resolved), I'd vote Shinui, I guess.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:51:18 PM »

Shas - Probably best described as "Jewish-democratic", the equivalent of European Christian-democratic parties.

Shas are not "Jewish Democrats". It is a mix of an ethnic (Sefardic) movement and a religious cult (loyal followers of a semi-senile rabbi, who decides "major things") with a slightly thuggish political wing (the political, as distinct from religious, leaders of the party normally sit squarely on the prison fence over the corruption accusations). May be, just may be, you could compare it to local Christian Democrats in some of the more obscure parts of post-war Sicilli, but not with "normal" European Christian Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies