Culture War? The Myth of a Polarized America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:02:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  Culture War? The Myth of a Polarized America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Culture War? The Myth of a Polarized America  (Read 20940 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: November 23, 2005, 12:01:07 AM »

I have never really believed in the idea of a polarized America.  I think people on the far ends of the spectrum, mostly left, are trying to create polarization.

Try tuning into Fox News any night of the week and tell me it's the "left" that are pushing the "culture war" meme. 

The left has waged a surreptitious culture war for decades without saying so.  One thing the right has to learn is to get their opinions across in a subliminal way as effectively as the left does.  The right has never really learned how to hide behind a false facade of impartiality the way the main media organs of the left have been doing for decades.

What media organs of the left? The same media that failed to report on the Florida scrub list, or criticize Bush once for a year after 9/11? Quit pushing this "liberal media" BS, and come up with real arguments.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:03:04 AM »

I think the average "mainstream" person is, in general, more comfortable in the Republican party.  The Democratic party has for some time been a refuge for those on the fringes of society in one way or another (minorities, gays, etc).  I don't say that's necessarily a bad thing, just a reality, and I find it much harder to relate to the Democratic base than I do to the Republican base

The Democratic base is the average working American and those who belive in civil rights and equality for all. The Repulican base is the rich, white American and those who seek to push their warped view of religion on the rest of the country.

And I like your  assertion that minorites (such as blacks) are on the "fringes" of society.

Yes, people like Dazzleman's views are what keeps blacks so Democratic.

If the Democratic party was as biased against straight white males as Dazzleman claims, I wouldn't be in it. What a fool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies