What party would you vote for in Canada?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:30:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What party would you vote for in Canada?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: What party would you vote for in Canada?
Conservative

Liberal

New Democratic Party

Bloc Québécois

Greens

Canadian Action Party

Christian Heritage Party

Libertarians

Marijuana Party

Communist Party of Canada

Communist Party of Canada (Marxist-Leninist)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: What party would you vote for in Canada?  (Read 8476 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »

Re Dave...
searching their site for "Monarchy" throws up no result, and searching for "Republic" throws up results like Czech Republic and Republic of Ireland, so I guess not.
Tory

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »

I've always been under the impression that Anglophone Canada is overwhelmingly in favour of keeping the monarchy
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 04:49:43 PM »

I think I'd vote Liberal...if the Conservatives move a tad to the left (especially socially) I'd flip to em. Of course they have to show that the liberals can't continue to govern.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 08:01:14 PM »

conservative
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 09:18:21 PM »

Conservative; It's time to change and i'd rather not have a minority government; otherwise it'd be NDP.

Why on earth? Minority governments are the best!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 09:21:37 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2005, 10:52:11 PM by Governor Earl Andrew Washburn »

If the forum were the Canadian electorate the following would be the make up of the house:

Liberal: 52
Conservative: 131
NDP: 67
BQ: 46
Other: 12
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 09:33:04 PM »

That's odd, since I'm under the impression the Tories and their Canadian counterparts were pretty much the same.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 09:39:36 PM »

Conservative; It's time to change and i'd rather not have a minority government; otherwise it'd be NDP.

Well, if you have an unelected senate, then it would probably be a good idea...but Canada needs stability, and under a government other then the Liberals. One term of Harper is survivable, and necessary. There needs to be a clear, reasonably strong government after the election, and it shouldn't include the liberals.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 09:43:48 PM »

Well, if you have an unelected senate, then it would probably be a good idea...but Canada needs stability, and under a government other then the Liberals. One term of Harper is survivable, and necessary. There needs to be a clear, reasonably strong government after the election, and it shouldn't include the liberals.

Boo!!

Your lack of left-wing-edness vexes me

Whats so bad about the Liberals and the NDP? Harper is Pat Buchanan with a better campaign manager.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 09:54:52 PM »

Conservative!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 10:13:36 PM »

Wow, looking over Canadian politics over the last several decades, I'm inclined to conclude that their party structure is fairly similar to that of Atlasia.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 11:56:01 PM »

Greens. Grin
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 12:05:47 AM »

Boo!!

Whats so bad about the Liberals and the NDP? Harper is Pat Buchanan with a better campaign manager.

my view is that one term of conservative government is well worth it if it makes the left wingers and centrists realise they aren't born for power and have to actually serve the electorate.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 12:07:28 AM »

Boo!!

my view is that one term of conservative government is well worth it if it makes the left wingers and centrists realise they aren't born for power and have to actually serve the electorate.

Ick! NO CONSEVATIVE MAJORITY!

I can handle a minority, but a majority scares me. I can't live under 4-5 years of PM Harper. That's like living under Bush or John Howard... or Mike Harris. OH GOD!! Not Mike Harris Sad
Tory

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 12:17:33 AM »

That's odd, since I'm under the impression the Tories and their Canadian counterparts were pretty much the same.

The Progressive Conservatives and the UK Conservative Party were pretty much the same. The current Canadian Conservative Party is basically an extension of the Alliance.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2005, 12:19:05 AM »

The Progressive Conservatives and the UK Conservative Party were pretty much the same. The current Canadian Conservative Party is basically an extension of the Alliance.

I'd agree with that. And the alliance is an extension of the old Reform Party.

One question...whatever happened to the Social Credit Party, and its supporters?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 12:29:37 AM »

Boo!!

Ick! NO CONSEVATIVE MAJORITY!

I can handle a minority, but a majority scares me. I can't live under 4-5 years of PM Harper. That's like living under Bush or John Howard... or Mike Harris. OH GOD!! Not Mike Harris Sad

I could stand 4-5 years of John Hopward if i was preceeded and followed by 15 years of ALP.

In fact, i'd vastly, vastly prefer to have a gap in there somewhere rather then 30 years of ALP rule.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 12:29:48 AM »

I'd agree with that. And the alliance is an extension of the old Reform Party.

One question...whatever happened to the Social Credit Party, and its supporters?

It died out in the early 80's. Most are now in the Conservatives and were in the Reform and Canadian Alliance Parties. The Quebec credititistes were nationalists I think. The provincial SoCreds are now in the BC Liberal Party, but both BC and Alberta still have minor SoCred parties.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:49 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you see now just how conservative Harper and his crew are Hugh? They are just like Bush in 2000, seemingly moderate but actually paleo-cons in disguise.

Thanks to Bono for the great website about Canada.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005, 06:55:02 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you see now just how conservative Harper and his crew are Hugh? They are just like Bush in 2000, seemingly moderate but actually paleo-cons in disguise.

Thanks to Bono for the great website about Canada.

I'm aware, and I normally wouldn't support them. But to stop Canada becoming like a Singapore or South Africa, other parties have to win elections. And they can't do anything really unless they have a majority. What they'll do will mainly be sh**t, i'm sure; but at least it will be different. And I value a continuation of democracy enough to allow parties other then my preffered one to win government on occasion.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »

Wait wait wait... I thought Bush was a neo-con... now we're paleo-cons?  Maybe y'all should get your ideological epithets straight.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »

Wait wait wait... I thought Bush was a neo-con... now we're paleo-cons?  Maybe y'all should get your ideological epithets straight.

Good point.

Paleocons are people like Buchannan while neo cons are like most of the Bush administration (Rumsfeld, Ashcroft)

Bush is more of a social conservative, while Harper is more of a moderate Conservative (In U.S. terms), even under his disguise he's not as far as Bush.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

Wow, looking over Canadian politics over the last several decades, I'm inclined to conclude that their party structure is fairly similar to that of Atlasia.

But there's no communitarian party. Tongue

And no, I haven't voted yet in the poll becuase none of them fits me that well. Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2005, 03:03:21 PM »

And no, I haven't voted yet in the poll becuase none of them fits me that well. Wink

See? A party system that fits you even worse than the U.S! Grin Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2005, 03:11:11 PM »

See? A party system that fits you even worse than the U.S! Grin Wink

I didn't think that was possible. Tongue Green Avatar Ho!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies