Fellow Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:04:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fellow Senators
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fellow Senators  (Read 890 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2005, 08:20:01 PM »

We put the budget on hold to deal with two other concerns-1. A way out of the problem without confronting the budget
2. To deal with forum affairs

We are doing 1, but 2 has basically been ignored.

Here's the deal.

We put our constitutional responsibility on hold. The reasons we did it made sense at the time, and I supported doing it. But we are now avoiding what we must do.

The people of Atlasia wanted us to deal with the budget first. They also wanted us to deal with forum affairs legislation. We have done neither.

I think that now we have left it until too soon before the election to do much with forum affairs, and that is a shame. But we must now tackle the budget. With the amendment passing, there is no more excuse for delay; we now know the parameters. We have to do it, and we have to do it now. It is our responsibility, if not our desire, to get the budget done upon entering office. Let's do it at least before the next group enters.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 08:37:11 PM »

I believe Gabu's legislation is still on hold. Al needs to move that to the front so we can begin debate on it.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:49:21 PM »

I would like to convey my personal apology to all of Atlasia.  I simply have not had the time to take the helm in the senate.  Action on my part would have resulted in a much more efficient senate that would have had the reforms in place.  Unfortunately, my relative lack of activity will continue until the end of December.  Until that time, I will do what I can, but I absolutely trust Al's ability to get things done.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:18:18 AM »

Al has recently introduced two bills on my behalf; the second one dealing with quite a pivotal part of my forum affairs reform agenda.  I'm also halfway through writing another bill regarding the voting system mess.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

If Defage and Al want to after the next bill passes or fails we can move on to Gabu's bills.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies