PBrunsel's Address from Right to Life Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:19:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PBrunsel's Address from Right to Life Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PBrunsel's Address from Right to Life Headquarters  (Read 7005 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2004, 05:45:13 PM »

By the way have you nominated a ticket (Andrew would be a hell of a candidate if he wasn't running for the senate).

He's hidden in a shroud of secrecy Smiley
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 05:46:54 PM »

By the way have you nominated a ticket (Andrew would be a hell of a candidate if he wasn't running for the senate).

He's hidden in a shroud of secrecy Smiley

Who Andrew?

I wonder if he's really Mort from NY returned Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2004, 12:31:18 AM »

I won't take it back. I've simply grown tired of having my morality impeached because I value the liberty of womankind over the alleged rights of a putative person. I am the one who deserves the apology, and I was merely acting in a retaliative fashion.

Yes a Woman should have a right to kill (and lets be honest that’s what it is!) an unborn child after the first trimester, that’s fine, convenience trumps a human's right to life then in your world migrendel.... well that's just super!... You talk about the rights of the mouther, well fine, what about the rights of the child? why does that foetus (and i use the term foetus, because while I am generally against abortion at any stage i think it should remain legal in the first trimester so the woman has that option) not have any right to life in your world?

Why would one who professes to be so progressive have such a callus and uncaring attitude towards innocent human life? Sometimes the utter... you sprout forth is disturbing migrendel...

Please migrendel, I realise that by the standards of... well... most places, your very radical, but you often can't make your case... please look into that one...

I think migrendel's a moral relativist, Ben. And I agree with you - I was wondering why, with all his emphasis on liberty and compassion, that he has none toward the unborn children/fetuses?

And, migrendel, wishing for someone to have been killed because they disagree with you is way out of line. The pro-lifers can get rather...fervent, but they never wished for your death. Don't we have enough animosity in the world without adding to it by personal attacks like that?
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2004, 03:26:50 PM »

Well, Ben, you remind me of a really terrible case of hemorrhoids that keeps coming back whenever I discuss a social issue. I believe in a world where the equal rights of men and women are sacred, and we will do what is necessary to see that they are guaranteed. I respond to your emotional namby-pambyism about fetal rights, and my lack of compassion, by saying that the fetus has no rights that we as a society and our laws are bound to respect. If that's a disagreeable concept to you, I advise you to amend the Constitution.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies