Noah's Ark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:47:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Noah's Ark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noah's Ark  (Read 10513 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: December 05, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

As we've seen, many people still truly believe that the world was actually created in six days.  Strangely enough, many also claim that the account of Noah's Ark is also genuinely true.

Is it any less strange to believe that man is descended from apes, and explain away the differences by just saying that millions of years past?  Is it any less strange to believe that the complexities of mankind are just the random eventual result of a bunch of hydrogen getting together?

I grew up learning the literal interpretation of Genesis in school, but its historical validity never mattered that much to me.  There isn't any way to prove any of it.   All I know is that I would much rather have people believe that all mankind is equal before almighty God that I would for them to believe in natural selection.

What we do with our beliefs is what counts.  We can barely read the past, but we can write everything in our future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies