John Kerry Posts on DailyKos
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:52:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Kerry Posts on DailyKos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: John Kerry Posts on DailyKos  (Read 6536 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »

Yeah, whatever happened to W's draft anyway?  You know, the draft that was sure to happen?  The draft that Kerry insinuated?  B/c that was the main reason people were wailing about Bush's re-election on another forum.

Fear can only do so much (Re: 59 million)

The draft that was originally introduced by Charlie Rangel (D-NY)?

Yes, that one.  The one that only D reps voted for. <scratched comment>

It had 15 co-sponsors and 2 yes votes, so obviously wasn't a serious bill..

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.00163:
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2006, 05:33:43 PM by riceowl315 »

Yes.  The point is that Kerry mentioned it and the bloggers latched onto the comment, blew it out of proportion leading to the Republicans calling a House vote to shoot down the notion.  However, this also led to people on the other message board I'm mentioning sharing sob stories about their mothers crying after Bush was re-elected because their children were going to be sent to Iraq.  It was an issue of fear, completely unfounded in its nature, that the liberal bloggers went out of control with.  That was the main issue that made me stop respecting them - they didn't care whether something was true, just as long as it made them look good.  This remains true.  I was trying to convince someone that Bush was pro-civil unions, and they vehemently denied it even after I showed quotes and evidence to the contrary.  These people want to believe the country is in the sh**t, and will gladly accept "facts" that prove this.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »

I have to say, its interesting...I think it pretty much disqualifies him from running for president again (just my personal opinion, it seems like he's a little too strong with his language...

You mean you think the content of the post itself disqualifies him for running for president or posting on DailyKOS at all disqualifies him?

The post itself seemed fairly innocuous to me - an obvious crititism most non-Bush supporters have of the man.

Well, opebo, fairly innocuous to you, might be quite offensive (I'm not saying it is, but the possibility is there) to the average american.

Oh I know that this is the first part of a strategy to energize the base for a Kerry 2008 run. I mean, I respect him for having the cajones to say some things (but calling Tommy Franks something akin to an administration stooge [right or wrong]...can't help your chances with the average Joe).

I think in his attempt to have the party grow a spine, he's being more blunt...about time someone does that...but in doing so, I think he's starting to go down the Howard Dean path (great for Democrats and in the Dem Party, but unelectable nationwide). And its a shame, while I can't say I'm a Kerry fan (I did prefer him to the other candidate in 04), it seems to say that no one can be blunt anymore without losing their shot.

Ah well, thats my opinion anyways.

It will be interesting to see how he fares (especially if Al Gore enters the race--who has been more veiled in his remarks, at least from what press he's received.)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »

John Kerry has no chance in the 2008 primaries. He is damaged goods.

I wouldn't waste any threads talking about his chances, because they're close to 0%.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 09:28:14 PM »

John Kerry has no chance in the 2008 primaries. He is damaged goods.

I wouldn't waste any threads talking about his chances, because they're close to 0%.

TradeSports says 3%.

The only chance he has is if Bush goes down the toilet and he runs a told-you-so campaign.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 09:37:43 PM »

How sad it must be for Kerry to fall so low that he now posts on the DailyKos.  *dies laughin*  LOSER!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2006, 09:44:04 PM by Scoonie »

How sad it must be for Kerry to fall so low that he now posts on the DailyKos.  *dies laughin*  LOSER!

Lots of politicians have posted on Daily Kos. Hardly makes them losers.

Congressman Jack Kingston and 2 or 3 others have posted on redstate.org

National politicians reaching out to the netroots is a good thing and should be encouraged, not ridiculed. Politicians are supposed to stay in touch with constituents.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 10:15:15 PM »

National politicians reaching out to the netroots is a good thing and should be encouraged, not ridiculed. Politicians are supposed to stay in touch with constituents.

I wonder if any elected politicians have posted on this site before.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 10:55:04 PM »

I don't think so, but I do know that a former governor of West Virginia (Bob Wise?  Can't remember) left a message on the guestbook for this site.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 11:23:25 PM »

Muon2 Smiley

As for any on the national level?  Who knows -- that'd be interesting to see if any Congressional IP addresses have visited either the forum or the main site.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 12:02:30 AM »

Jack who?
Anyway, I do think it shows what a useful political tool the internet is becoming.  He can now talk to a select group of people, say what he wants, and not take too much time doing so.

Course, it's easier to use his words against him...but I mean, why not? I see nothing wrong with posting at a blog like that, and I guess I support his endeavor.  shrug.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 01:49:20 AM »

I shudder to agree with him. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But DailyKos is a bit of a whack site to be fair.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

Muon2 Smiley

As for any on the national level?  Who knows -- that'd be interesting to see if any Congressional IP addresses have visited either the forum or the main site.

muon2 is an elected pol?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

Muon2 Smiley

muon2 is an elected pol?

Yes, he's the mayor of a city in ILL.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 04:29:56 PM »

If Senator Kerry starts being a regular contributor to their threads and such, that would be one thing.  Top post commentary to a fairly well known political site is not a bad thing.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 04:40:38 PM »

If Senator Kerry starts being a regular contributor to their threads and such, that would be one thing.  Top post commentary to a fairly well known political site is not a bad thing.

He could have chosen a much better site to post on . . . like the Atlas.  Cheesy
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 05:03:34 PM »

Well, George W. Bush Used to post here for a time.

How do we know this is the real Kerry?  Is there a link to Kos from either his senate page or one of his campaign sites?  It reads somewhat like him, but I haven't time to analyze the style in depth.

I'm not saying it isn't him, I'm not saying it is.   I have no problem if John Kerry embraces the modern age and blogs, I just tend to be skeptical about sources of information - particularly when they come from political blogs - and don't like to treat information as fact until I have sufficent reliable information confirming it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 05:53:11 PM »

Well, George W. Bush Used to post here for a time.

How do we know this is the real Kerry?  Is there a link to Kos from either his senate page or one of his campaign sites?  It reads somewhat like him, but I haven't time to analyze the style in depth.

I'm not saying it isn't him, I'm not saying it is.   I have no problem if John Kerry embraces the modern age and blogs, I just tend to be skeptical about sources of information - particularly when they come from political blogs - and don't like to treat information as fact until I have sufficent reliable information confirming it.

It's been confirmed.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »

I'm not saying it isn't him, I'm not saying it is.   I have no problem if John Kerry embraces the modern age and blogs, I just tend to be skeptical about sources of information - particularly when they come from political blogs -

Blogs are often more reliable than the traditional news media. The traditional media is extremely lazy nowadays and prefers to publish RNC talking points as opposed to doing any real investigative research.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »

I'm not saying it isn't him, I'm not saying it is.   I have no problem if John Kerry embraces the modern age and blogs, I just tend to be skeptical about sources of information - particularly when they come from political blogs -

Blogs are often more reliable than the traditional news media. The traditional media is extremely lazy nowadays and prefers to publish RNC talking points as opposed to doing any real investigative research.

If you want to have some fun, read the GOP talking points then watch FOX News for a day or two.  Then read the Dems talking points and watch CNN for a day or two.  The choice of top stories is amazing.

Blogs can bring a lot to bear on a story.  It was bloggers that ripped into the Rather memo and did more research into it than the MSM.  Heck, Drudge was just a blogger with some contacts until he put a headline about a woman named Monica on his website.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 08:07:46 PM »

Muon2 Smiley

muon2 is an elected pol?

West Chicago, I believe.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »

Muon2 Smiley

muon2 is an elected pol?

West Chicago, I believe.

I was going to say that but I wasn't sure if that was an actual place or I had just thought the name up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies