Kansas professor quits department chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:13:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kansas professor quits department chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas professor quits department chair  (Read 19632 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:24:58 PM »
« edited: December 10, 2005, 01:27:05 PM by Storebought »

A follow up article on this incident. It even comes with a photo of the "beaten" Mirecki.

I'm starting to think that this "beating" is itself a hoax.

Let's consider the motivation for a hoax: Not only was Mirecki a Grade-A jerk for (1) creating a course designed to defame, in his own words, "a conservative minority", (2) he had the tactlessness to admit as much over an Email, because we all know how secure emails are...

When the chancellor of KU called Mirecki's words "repugnant and vile", and the administration forced his resignation, Mirecki had only one last option up his sleeve: The victim card.

What better to regain support than to say he was attacked by two Kansas rednecks on an abandoned highway just before the breakfast hour?

Only problems with his story are (1) the suspiciously uncorroborable nature of his attack (2) the nature of the wounds themselves. Now, I've seen some real shiners -- horrible, weeping things that cause broken blood vessels in the eye, if the eye can even be opened, in addition to black-and-blue bruising -- and his don't look anywhere close to those that would be inflicted by two grown men. Hell, the whites of his eyes are clearer than mine!

When all the information of this spectacle is finally revealed, I will be sure that this is the Kansas equivalent of NYC's Tawana Brawley hoax.

The article: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/dec/10/professor_blasts_ku_sheriffs_investigation/?ku_news
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:28:18 PM »

This is apalling news. Prepare for sane thinkers being 'beaten up' by fundamentalist scum all around America. I hope genuine Christians support this man.

Just in the same manner we condemn the KKK for all the recent black church burnings in the South.

Oh, wait...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies