American geopolitics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:56:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  American geopolitics
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American geopolitics  (Read 872 times)
nlm
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

A few things have got me thinking about the uglier side of American geopolitics that I benefit so greatly from. As opposed to making some outrageous comment about them to kick off a firestorm of less than insightful commentary, I thought I would simply solicit opinions and perspective upon the topic. Any thoughts?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:44:43 PM »

You're not going to start a discussion if you don't give some parameters as to what you are looking for. 
nlm
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:55 AM »

I'm really not looking for anything other than opinions on the topic. I figured this thread wouldn't get off the ground if I didn't provide a stance myself with which people could agree or flame. American geopolitics is one of those very interesting ethical questions. I'm curious about the take of people that have at least a basic understanding of the good and bad of it, without creating a thread dedicated to the people who wish to believe there isn't a good or there isn't a bad side to it, and what they think should be changed moving forward, if anything. I'm always looking for answers to questions, but this probably isn't the place to just solicit thoughts on a given topic. But I do appreciate you taking the time to offer advice on the ins and outs of this board.

"Balance in all things", that's a favorite saying of mine. As a saying it works great, but figuring out where the balance lies isn’t easy.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:34:32 PM »

Well, what I was kinda getting at was, are you looking for views of American Geopolitics within our nation (such as the Southern states vs everyone else), American economic and military power vs the world, our view of natural resources/nature itselve compared to those who back Kyoto, etc.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies