EU Parliament Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EU Parliament Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EU Parliament Elections  (Read 22031 times)
freek
Netherlands

« on: May 14, 2004, 04:53:58 AM »

I'm still in doubt. Normally I vote for the VVD (rightwing liberal) party in all the elections, but I tend to vote for the ChristenUnie/SGP-list (the christian fundamentalists) this time. Not for their views on abortion and euthanasia, because I totally don't agree with them on these points. The European Parliament doesn't have any authority on these points as well, if I am correctly informed.

I do however like their economic stances, they are not as freemarketfundamentalist on these points as the VVD, which I like. They don't want Turkey in the EU, as the only Dutch party, apart from the List Pim Fortuyn.

Other factors why I might be voting for them: I am impressed by the quality of their MPs, if you consider that those parties only score a few percent of the vote in general elections. However voting for them in general elections is out of the question for me, since they have separate lists then. The ChristenUnie is way too much leftwing for me, the SGP too fundamentalist. Their European program is a nice compromise between their views.
freek
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 07:38:16 AM »

To test which European fraction fits you best:

http://www.votematch.net/index.htm

And in case you want to know on who to vote in the Dutch European Elections, the English language variant of the Stemwijzer:

http://www.stemwijzer.nl/235
freek
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:50:48 PM »

1 EPP
2 UEN
3 EDD
4 ELDR
5 Greens
6 GUE/NGL
7 PES

I've got absolutely no idea how I managed to get a moderate party as the PES on the 7th spot. Smiley.
freek
Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:42:51 AM »

Hmm...this has the feel of a test that could have different results each time I take it...
First link:

Second link:
But between both tests not much difference can be seen. You have the Dutch parties in about the same order as their respective fractions in the Europarliament.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies