The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:56:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance?  (Read 2697 times)
Everett
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 08:23:21 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2005, 08:25:40 PM by Lt. Governor Everett »

So I guess we agree that neither side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on bigotry or tolerance.
I've heard the word "liberal" equated with "open-mindedness" too many times. They definitely aren't synonyms. To be honest, I don't think that anyone can be completely, 100%, unflinchingly "tolerant". The fact that there are so many conflicting beliefs and opposites everywhere suggests that one cannot possibly tolerate everyone and everything without inadvertently excluding or showing intolerance for some group, idea, action, et cetera.

[EDIT: And before someone whines about "oh noes you are bashing liberalism!!!1111", I've also heard people suggest that "conservative" is the only right way of doing things, though not quite so often since I live in a more liberal than conservative area. I personally find that the only right way of doing things is absurdly simple - doing the right things, silly people. Smiley]
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies