Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 02:38:27 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  Primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Primaries  (Read 2352 times)
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2004, 12:07:15 am »
Ignore

Why do Iowa and New Hampshire have so much influence? Granted they are the first, but can't the larger states, who send by far more delegates (and Iowa is just a caucus), vote for a candidate who DIDN'T win in Iowa or New Hampshire?
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 10:21:04 am »
Ignore

Why do Iowa and New Hampshire have so much influence? Granted they are the first, but can't the larger states, who send by far more delegates (and Iowa is just a caucus), vote for a candidate who DIDN'T win in Iowa or New Hampshire?

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to hint at for a long time...

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone knows that Dean wins if he wins Iowa and NH, so when he does, he does, b/c people know that the others are toast. It's stupid in my view, but that's politics for you. (I was gonna say "American politics", but I decided to be nice...) Wink

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
jravnsbo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 11:12:17 am »
Ignore

It started out in tradition after the party bosses at the convention gave up picking.  IA was chosen for Midwest, heartland mindset and NH for NE.  Thent he South has jumped from GA and SC.  

Then Jimmy CArter came along and won IA and it propelled him out of no where to wards the nomination and then rest as they say is history Smiley

Currently in Iraq, risking my butt to protect yours!

Republicans think every day is July 4, Democarts think every day is April 15
President Reagan

Well I can hear you and soon the whole world will hear all of us. President George Bush
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout