Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps  (Read 119348 times)
Jacobtm

« on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

How is it that people can make maps with Red, Blue, Green and Gray states? I can only get Red/Blue/Grey or Red/Blue/Green for any map with the current 50 states on it.
Jacobtm

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:05:45 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2006, 12:20:55 AM by Jacobtm »

Red/Blue = Hold
Dark Red/Blue = Gain
Light Red/Blue = Weak Hold
Green = Bernie Sanders

Democrats gain 3 seats.

Missouri and NJ are the two hardest to call in my opinion; those could both end up being wrong. Though I think the Democrats will skim by in both states just because of general anti-Republican sentiment.
Jacobtm

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 12:22:03 AM »

How is it that people can make maps with Red, Blue, Green and Gray states? I can only get Red/Blue/Grey or Red/Blue/Green for any map with the current 50 states on it.
Two possibilities:

1. They took the map and altered it in a paint program and saved it as a file on the internet.

2. The URL for the maps created by the generator have a number of entrues of the form &XX;#;#;#  where XX is the two letter postal code for the state, the first number is color where 0=gray;1=red;2=blue;3=green, the second number is the number of EV's, and the thirs level is the decile from 3 to 9 (30% to 90%).  So if one alters the URL by hand, one can use the generator to create maps that the UI cannot.  Note also:  Gray doesn't change shade according to the decile and if the generator isn't expecting to use green for a particular year, you get gray instead, but with white numbers instead of black numbers as is usual for gray.
Thanks alot! All I had to do was change the year to 1960 in the URL and then change VT's color to 3. That was so easy!

Thanks again,
Jacob
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies