Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps  (Read 71411 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 05, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »

Somewhat optimistic, hopefully Democrats can't catch Arnold and fall behind in PA.

Arnold is toast.

Polls show a tie, despite him having seemingly bottomed out in approval ratings.   I would hardly say that the idiot is done.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:17:20 PM »

Somewhat optimistic, hopefully Democrats can't catch Arnold and fall behind in PA.

Arnold is toast.

Polls show a tie, despite him having seemingly bottomed out in approval ratings.   I would hardly say that the idiot is done.

All that means is that Arnold has way more name recognition then his opponents. Arnold hasn't broken 40% against either Democrat in the last 4 polls. That's terrible for an incumbent.

There's a race where all the candidates have very high name recognition, and I could have sworn it was California.  What are the other two's name recognition numbers?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:44:57 PM »

There's a race where all the candidates have very high name recognition, and I could have sworn it was California.  What are the other two's name recognition numbers?

Busted, Bush apoligist.

Ratings in the Field poll released a couple of days ago:

Schwarzenegger: 44% favorable, 49% unfavorable, 7% no opinion
Angelides: 24% favorable, 13% unfavorable, 63% no opinion
Westly: 19% favorable, 9% unfavorable, 72% no opinion.

I was asking you because I wasn't certain if my memory was right.  Evidently, it wasn't, and I accept that.  Why am I "busted"?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:48:23 PM »

Busted, Bush apoligist.

Ratings in the Field poll released a couple of days ago:

Schwarzenegger: 44% favorable, 49% unfavorable, 7% no opinion
Angelides: 24% favorable, 13% unfavorable, 63% no opinion
Westly: 19% favorable, 9% unfavorable, 72% no opinion.

I was asking you because I wasn't certain if my memory was right.  Evidently, it wasn't, and I accept that.  Why am I "busted"?

63% and 72% no opinion vs. 7% no opinion is a sign of lower name recognition. Amazing rocket science, huh?

Well, that's obvious now that I've seen those numbers.  I still don't see why I'm "busted," unless you were busting me on not having a perfect memory of anything.  You don't always have to "win."
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2006, 09:37:10 PM by Alcon »

His map may be favourable to the Republicans, but it's reasonable (heck, he even gives Democrats more of an advantage than the polls show in Minnesota, Illinois, and Maine).

New Hampshire is the only state that is ridiculous on the map, and that is because a lot of people don't realise that a Democrat was elected there in 2004, who is now very popular.

EDIT: Colorado doesn't make sense either, as Gabu said.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

For some reason linking to the maps does not appear to be working.

Can you post what code you are trying to use, even if it does not work?  We can probably troubleshoot based on that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »

Here is how I am linking the maps, the same way I link every other image on this board.

You are using the wrong URL.  Right-click on it, click View Image, and then copy the URL from the address bar.  I'm not sure why Firefox is showing only that URL, but it's the wrong one.

Hope that works.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »

Any reason you don't have VT as Safe, Sam?  Always good to see your predictions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies