Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps  (Read 71474 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: December 21, 2005, 09:07:16 PM »

Light Red/Blue--9% margin or less
Medium Red/Blue--b/w 9% and 18% margin
Dark Red/Blue--18% margin or greater (like Perdue will win b/c he saved Christmas...whew!)
So the new map will look like...
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:28:04 AM »

Light Red/Blue--9% margin or less
Medium Red/Blue--b/w 9% and 18% margin
Dark Red/Blue--18% margin or greater (like Perdue will win b/c he saved Christmas...whew!)
So the new map will look like...

Huh?  Please explain.  Not every state is having a guber election next year, and the ones you've included (e.g. WA) don't make sense.
Sorry...I meant to put "Predictions for 2006/7/8"...it must've been erased.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 12:35:53 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2005, 12:38:15 AM by krustytheklown »

Why on earth does everyone think Sanford is going to win in a landslide?  He beat Hodges in 2002 who was not particularly popular then by less than 6%.  Sanford will probably win in 2006, but almost certainly not with a double digit margin.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.  This is a libertarian-cloaked in Evangelism governor, in a like-minded state.  I've seen an ungodly number of Sanford stickers affixed to Saudi juice-guzzlers dropping their kid off at an all white--errr...private--school while they go wine-tasting for the day (so the wine-tasting part is made up, but I do wonder whether people in Chucktown have jobs).  I have yet to see one Moore sticker.  The fact is that my soon-to-be former state is run by Hilton Head, gentrified-Charleston and Mt. Pleasant, and Lexington county.  They must not happen to have polling places in Orangeburg or Columbia.  The place is pretty scary, as is Georgia (kind of hoping the family reunion will be elsewhere!).  I have few problems with the Evangelism, but the abounding flat tax bumper stickers make my blood boil.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:18:16 PM »

Arkansas will be close but bush and Huckabee will push Hutchison over the top. Iowa will go down to the wire. If Bushs approval rating stays under 50, then the dems will have a great night with pickups in MD, CA, MA, CO, OH.

Surprises could be Georgia, Minnesota, Michigan or Wisconsin it all depends on Bush.
If things depend on Bush, we're screwed, b/c I guarantee his approvals will be at least 47% (I'm thinking around 52%) on 2006 Election Day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies