VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:56:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes  (Read 4421 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: December 22, 2005, 01:13:09 PM »
« edited: December 22, 2005, 01:18:23 PM by nickshepDEM »

Says who?

It is correct that, in the relatively short time I've posted on Atlas (a couple cycles), Democrats have struggled. It is also correct that I have understood reality.

Should the Democrats' prospects change for the better, I will be the first to attempt to capitalize. If you think I wouldn't win easy money on tradesports by betting on a Democrat, you misunderstand me.

The previous poster was simply pointing out that VA is becomming more and more democratic.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:24:32 PM »

True, that assertion is nearly universal. I happen to disagree, but it's not a cut-and-dried sort of thing. What does "Democratic" mean? If it means electing Dem governors, that used to happen every time. If it means voting for Dem presidential candidates, that still doesn't happen. If it means electing a Dem legislature, that used to happen and now it's 2/3 GOP. If it means electing Dem Senators, it used to happen and now there are 2 Republicans.

I guess it just depends on your definition of 'trend'.   Democratic presidential candidates have been inching closer and closer in VA.  The influence of NOVA also plays into the hands of the democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies