VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA Attorney General recount: McDonnell (R) wins with margin of 323 votes  (Read 4389 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« on: December 22, 2005, 12:58:23 PM »

That's a sham, but I guess that's jst the case. He'll just have to run again next time. By then the tides will be more in our favor.

Of course. The tide is always in the Democrats' favor.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:34 PM »

That's a sham, but I guess that's jst the case. He'll just have to run again next time. By then the tides will be more in our favor.

Of course. The tide is always in the Democrats' favor.

And in your opinion the tide is never in the democrats favor.

Says who?

It is correct that, in the relatively short time I've posted on Atlas (a couple cycles), Democrats have struggled. It is also correct that I have understood reality.

Should the Democrats' prospects change for the better, I will be the first to attempt to capitalize. If you think I wouldn't win easy money on tradesports by betting on a Democrat, you misunderstand me.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:18:05 PM »

True, that assertion is nearly universal. I happen to disagree, but it's not a cut-and-dried sort of thing. What does "Democratic" mean? If it means electing Dem governors, that used to happen every time. If it means voting for Dem presidential candidates, that still doesn't happen. If it means electing a Dem legislature, that used to happen and now it's 2/3 GOP. If it means electing Dem Senators, it used to happen and now there are 2 Republicans.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 01:31:24 PM »

I'm not disputing that Dem presidential candidates are doing a bit better. But Bush improved greatly in Connecticut in 2004... is that a trend?

Bush did better in: Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennslyvania, New Jersey, and New Hampshire than Kerry did in Virginia. Hawaii, Connecticut, Illinois, California, Maine, and Delaware were basically equal.

The evidence is that the GOP has gone from zero to domination at the state and local levels in VA, and that the explosion in NOVA has gained Dem's a couple points in national races. That's what I see. Other people can see different things, but it's a matter of opinion either way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies