AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:01:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AFRNC Debate/Questions Thread  (Read 13558 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2004, 11:16:43 AM »

I am a strong supporter of space exploration. I feel that the quest for discovery and learning new things is one of the most important things that we can do as a people, and thus I am strongly supportive of scientific endeavors. Learning about other worlds also can help us to better understand our own. Nothing that we learn is ever wasted. It has been very well established that intelligent life of any sort cannot be in existence anywhere in our solar system, but it certainly is possible that some sort of simple single-celled organisms, such as resembling amoebas, may live on other planets. This would be a tremendous discovery if it were to be found, and thus I would support efforts to continue to find life on other planets. The $1 contribution towards public funds for presidential candidates does not affect the total amount of money that the taxpayer pays; if the taxpayer does not choose that option, then the $1 of taxes goes into the general fund instead. I would not support having this option available for space travel as I feel that legislators and appropriations committees can best make the decision about how our tax dollars can be spent, and if the people are upset with these decisions they can vote their members of Congress out of office.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2004, 11:37:14 AM »

I am a strong supporter of space exploration. I feel that the quest for discovery and learning new things is one of the most important things that we can do as a people, and thus I am strongly supportive of scientific endeavors. Learning about other worlds also can help us to better understand our own. Nothing that we learn is ever wasted. It has been very well established that intelligent life of any sort cannot be in existence anywhere in our solar system, but it certainly is possible that some sort of simple single-celled organisms, such as resembling amoebas, may live on other planets. This would be a tremendous discovery if it were to be found, and thus I would support efforts to continue to find life on other planets. The $1 contribution towards public funds for presidential candidates does not affect the total amount of money that the taxpayer pays; if the taxpayer does not choose that option, then the $1 of taxes goes into the general fund instead. I would not support having this option available for space travel as I feel that legislators and appropriations committees can best make the decision about how our tax dollars can be spent, and if the people are upset with these decisions they can vote their members of Congress out of office.
I agree with everything he said.  If I were responding to the question, I would have said almost the same thing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2004, 12:24:27 PM »

I agree with everything he said.  If I were responding to the question, I would have said almost the same thing.

You're on the GOP thread, just in case you don't know... Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2004, 12:26:13 PM »

CM did ask Nym90 on this thread.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2004, 12:29:38 PM »

Yes.  Wink  I was going to point this out, but decided against it.  Let them dig their own graves...

Front page on tomorrow's New York Times:

"Democratic candidates seen at Republican primary debate...."

I kid.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2004, 12:34:10 PM »

Yes.  Wink  I was going to point this out, but decided against it.  Let them dig their own graves...

Front page on tomorrow's New York Times:

"Democratic candidates seen at Republican primary debate...."

I kid.

Lol, that's a cool idea, Democrats particpate in debate for Republican runners.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2004, 12:49:52 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no similar Democratic forum.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2004, 03:18:07 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no similar Democratic forum.

It's not hard to make one...

That said, it really doesn't matter that much.
Demrepdan

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2004, 04:50:45 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 04:52:32 PM by Demrepdan »

This is a question for everyone:

What should we do with illegal aliens in the country? Should we make them legal? Should we deport them? Close off the boarder?

We should NEVER close off the boarder to immigrants. I will continue to encourage legal immigrants to come to this country, I believe it helps the economy grow, and also helps improve our image as America. But I am opposed to making illegal aliens in this country LEGAL, simply because there are too many of them. We can't just ignore a problem, and say, "Well, there are too many of them, lets just make them ALL legal, and it'll save a lot of paper work."

If we allow illegals in the country, what comes next? Illegals taking JOBS from U.S. Citzen, where a man who doesn't even officially LIVE in the U.S. CAN get a job, but a man who has spent his entire life here and has worked hard here, CAN'T get a job.

Plus, if we allow illegals in this country, it may not be good in fighting terrorsim. Not all illegals may come from Mexico. A terrorist may come into this country and plan terrorist attacks, and there is no record of him in this country, because he is in this country illegally. How are we expected to fight hard against terrorism if we allow illegals in  this country, and let them attain a legal status.

If you want to come and live in this country, fine, I encourage you to come here, it's a great country to live. You should apply for U.S. citizenship. But if you come here, and we have NO record of you because you are illegally living here, then it is best that we find all illegals, and deport them back to their home country.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 03:07:10 PM »

CNN News Flash:

Democratic senator Gustaf Lundgren to endorse Illinois senator Demrepdan in the GOP primary. More to follow later.... Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies