Who was the rightful winner of the 2000 election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who was the rightful winner of the 2000 election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who was the rightful winner of the 2000 election?
Bush

Gore

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Who was the rightful winner of the 2000 election?  (Read 14714 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »

Nader.

In all serious though, Gore didn't deserve to win. He was losing ground like wildfire in the polls. Had the election been a week later it would have been as sound a loss for the Dems as 04'. Gore lost the EC, thus he lost the election. The Gore-ons just need to move on.

The question isn't who deserved to win. Walter Mondale deserved to beat Ronald Reagan, but of course he didn't.

Walter Mondale didn't deserve the nomination as far as I am concerned. What convinced the Democrats that the Vice-President of a ticket that got landslided by Reagan could fair better as the head of the ticket?

Anywho, Bush won Florida. All 100,000 recounts conducted gave Bush the state. Conspiracy therios aside, Bush got the most votes in Florida. It's time the Democrats moved on. I will garuntee that if they lose 2008, they will find some way to crawl back to 2000 for a whine fest.

In addition to the FL scrub list and the illegal  absentee ballots. the  Palm Beach butterfly ballot, and Duval County 2 page ballot each cost Gore the election by themselves. That's 4 different things necessary for Gore to lose.
http://www.nytimes.com/images/2001/11/12/politics/recount/design.html

Despite all of this a number of recounts showed Gore winning,. For example, any recount that counted only Full Punch punchcard ballots had Al Gore winning.
http://www.nytimes.com/images/2001/11/12/politics/recount/index.html

NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

I only wish I was clever enough to put that photo up that says "Oh Geez, not this sh**t again!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies