No WMD in Iraq
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:48:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  No WMD in Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: No WMD in Iraq  (Read 9972 times)
Paul
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2004, 03:18:13 PM »

It's not the SUV that is integral, it is the ability to choose whatever we want to drive.  I think the idea was that we shouldn't have to give up that freedom.  Of course, as an American, I do have to say that we really love big cars.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2004, 03:24:20 PM »

SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle, a vehicle that operates as a cross between the comforts and space of a large car and the utility and capacity of a truck.   Now you have XUVs that convert between an SUV and a truck.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2004, 03:26:58 PM »

SUV=Stupid, Useless, Vehicle Wink
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2004, 03:54:39 PM »

There was a report I saw on CNN today about the Danish army stumbling acorss about 120 mortar shells with possible chemical weapons inside of them. There was a statement about it from CentCom but nothing from the White House. This is big for Bush in reelection issues.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/10/sprj.irq.chemicals/index.html
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2004, 04:20:20 PM »

There was a report I saw on CNN today about the Danish army stumbling acorss about 120 mortar shells with possible chemical weapons inside of them. There was a statement about it from CentCom but nothing from the White House. This is big for Bush in reelection issues.

Don't bring that up again. The Danes doing something helpful in Iraq is a ridiculous idea. Smiley
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2004, 04:23:40 PM »

Don't bring that up again. The Danes doing something helpful in Iraq is a ridiculous idea. Smiley

Now it's my turn to be obtuse.   Do you have something against the Danes?
NHPolitico

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2004, 09:59:57 PM »

I thought this was interesting. I'm too tired to make an elaborate comment on this right now. But this doesn't surprise me at all....so...maybe that's why I have no  comment on this at this time.

Read this:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/08/sprj.nirq.wmd.report/index.html

I think this is an issue that's a boost for Bush if we uncover something, but it's not a negative if we don't. Polls show that voters just don't care-- at least not enough to vote against Bush because of it.  They also think that Saddam was behind 9/11, so there's no accounting for the public's education on public policy I guess.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2004, 10:45:17 PM »

I'd agree that the WMD seems to have simmered down considerably, and I doubt anything else is going to come out of it, unless it HELPS Bush in some way.

The issue of whether there was WMDs will be brought back up again for a short time during the next state of the union, when the media starts talking about the africa/uranium comment of last year's SOU, which will prompt discussion on WMDs, etc, and it'll go away again with the NH primary. Of course, the Democratic nominee will bring it up during the general election, but I don't think it'll have that much impact, unfortunatley.
jravnsbo

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 11:08:41 AM »

Well even if they are not a huge cache of WMDs found by the Danes, it is still good they were found and removed.  Even if they are old they need to be destroyed instead of falling into the wrong hands.  Positive find.
NHPolitico

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 11:59:25 AM »

I'd agree that the WMD seems to have simmered down considerably, and I doubt anything else is going to come out of it, unless it HELPS Bush in some way.

The issue of whether there was WMDs will be brought back up again for a short time during the next state of the union, when the media starts talking about the africa/uranium comment of last year's SOU, which will prompt discussion on WMDs, etc, and it'll go away again with the NH primary. Of course, the Democratic nominee will bring it up during the general election, but I don't think it'll have that much impact, unfortunatley.

Speaking of the SOU, I heard that Wes Clark will hold a town hall broadcast of the SOU speech. I don't know if he'll be giving a play-by-play or wait until the speech is over and then talk. It should be an interesting exercise.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2004, 02:49:27 PM »

They tried to conquer us for centuries and is the country we have fought the most wars with, lol. You might not know the background, but Denmark entered the war in Iraq by sending a submarine to the Gulf. Now, most Swedes were schocked to hear that the Danes actually HAD an army at all, not to mention a submarine. And then sending a submarine to a desert war, well it just looked funny. So it became a joke in Sweden, and if they actually accomplished something, it would ruin the joke.

I am not really being that serious, you know, I wish we had been on the same side as the Danes... Wink
jravnsbo

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »

Beware the Danes are coming! Gustaf, wait until they invade ya Smiley Smiley Smiley
NHPolitico

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2004, 03:42:06 PM »

They tried to conquer us for centuries and is the country we have fought the most wars with, lol. You might not know the background, but Denmark entered the war in Iraq by sending a submarine to the Gulf. Now, most Swedes were schocked to hear that the Danes actually HAD an army at all, not to mention a submarine. And then sending a submarine to a desert war, well it just looked funny. So it became a joke in Sweden, and if they actually accomplished something, it would ruin the joke.

I am not really being that serious, you know, I wish we had been on the same side as the Danes... Wink

They gave us the danish. How can a food so good come from a country so bad? I rest my case. The Danes are our friends for life. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2004, 12:50:42 PM »

Beware the Danes are coming! Gustaf, wait until they invade ya Smiley Smiley Smiley

Bring it on! We have beaten them before, we will do so again... Wink Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2004, 12:53:50 PM »

They gave us the danish. How can a food so good come from a country so bad? I rest my case. The Danes are our friends for life. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Hm, Belgium gave you the French Fries, remember? Danish sure isn't called that in Swedish, and we ought to know...Denmark isn't that bad, they're nice people who drink a lot and make deep movies with shaky cameras. They also block EU-centralization every now and then, for which I am very thankful. But they've never been good at wars, that's more our field really, or was anyway.
M

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2004, 01:34:36 PM »

A senior Syrian journalist reports Iraq’s WMD located in three Syrian sites.

Special report by DEBKAfile

January 8, 2004, 8:57 PM (GMT+02:00)

Nizar Najoef, a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf,” that he knows the three sites where Iraq’s WMD are kept. The storage places are:

1. Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.

2. The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian airforce camp. Vital parts of Iraq’s WMD are stored there.

3. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of the city Homs.

Najoef writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein’s Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar NixonNow’s cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the NixonNow family.

In February 2003, a month before America’s invasion in Iraq, DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly were the only media to report the movement of Iraqi WMD, the efforts to bring them from Iraq to Syria, and the personal involvement of Bashar NixonNow and his family in the operation.

Najoef, who has won prizes for journalistic integrity, says he wrote his letter because he has terminal cancer.
jravnsbo

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2004, 02:35:16 PM »

yes this is what I heard the other day.  What is the source for this, do you have a link to it?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies