Democratic Party Platform
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:30:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Party Platform
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Democratic Party Platform  (Read 9699 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2004, 03:34:06 AM »
« edited: May 18, 2004, 10:03:10 AM by Ben »

Defending the right of a human being to live is hardly moral condescension, the argument that the baby in the womb after the first trimester isn’t human is a weak one, and I find you’re off the cuff rejections of mine and many others deeply felt beliefs insensitive in the extreme, you are entitled to your beliefs for sure but that does not mean that you need to denigrate others, however your argument for abortion seems to be based on nothing mare than the assumption that 1.) simply because the baby is within the mothers womb it is devoid of rights and 2.) that convenience trumps a child’s right to live every time... I am sure more cogent arguments could be found to support abortion.

If you wish to leave the Democratic party then very well, I will fight for the real American, they deserve more than a conservative dogma which cheats their children of their future and a ultra-liberal dogma which denigrates their values and seeks to impose a harsh, intolerant and fundamentally bankrupt attitude to life, society and the individual.    

I think then we have nothing more to say.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2004, 11:16:36 AM »

Kick
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2004, 02:57:03 PM »

Well, fine. Stifle them under your oppression. Let them follow your path, which leads to a form of uprightness that descends into monotony and excruciating boredom. But I want no part of this horrible party.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2004, 03:00:09 PM »

You might contemplate officially changing your registration, mig. Same goes for Mike Z. I'm not sure if it's actually necessary, but it feels cool.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2004, 03:02:54 PM »

Voting on this has been sparse.  Can we declare Nym's revised platform as officially passed?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2004, 05:47:32 PM »

Voting on this has been sparse.  Can we declare Nym's revised platform as officially passed?

Yes
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2004, 07:20:35 PM »

Kick… for old times sake Smiley this is living history!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2004, 07:44:29 PM »

Kick… for old times sake Smiley this is living history!

We still use it!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2004, 01:58:41 AM »

I think I did a reasonably good job on this. I put a lot of effort into it. We might want to make some minor revisions, but I don't see anything terribly wrong with it.
GLOBAL DICTATOR
Rookie

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2004, 03:17:48 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2004, 06:01:01 PM by GLOBAL DICTATOR »

YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT? YOU REALLY THINK YOU DID A GOOD JOB? YOU MUST HAVE BEEN HIGH WHEN YOU CAME UP WITH THAT!

Not a very good platform, the thing is shoddy. It would collapse under its own ludicracy.

We need to continue supporting our troops in Iraq. It was an unjust war, yes, but now that we are there, we must continue to fight these insurgencies. Pulling our troops out will not solve anything. The good work that has been done there will be for nought. It is an incredibly stupid idea to pull out now.

Regarding your proposed policy positions on the war on drugs, capital punishment and education:

Only a doped up democratic party would support such a ridiculous policy on drugs. Legalize everything and what do we have? Families falling apart, divorces, suicides, high school and even middle school drop outs, violence--all escalating because of your moronic policy, Dipsh**t!

Capital Punishment--Not supporting it on any terms? You'd better think about that one again. Capital punishment is necessary in many cases. I know it costs more to execute someone than to sentence them to life in prison without parole, which doesn't make any sense to me. So, the best thing to do, and the most compassionate thing for the individual and the state, would be to execute them immediately once they lose on appeal, and we should make the appeal process go much, much faster than it goes now. The cost to execute someone should be very inexpensive, bullets are cheap! Why does it cost so much? It shouldn't!

Higher Pay for Teachers? Localities and States have consistently raised teachers' salaries over many years, and we've been consistently found to be lacking in major areas of education compared to other countries whose teachers get paid less. They should get paid for results! Increase their salaries only when the United States educational achievement scores increase and beat out other nations' scoring in the various areas of study--Math, Science, especially. Do you really think that increasing a teacher's salary is going to make our students learn better and achieve higher scores? That's insane.

I'm glad I didn't eat before I read your proposed idiotic platform.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2004, 04:35:59 PM »

If you don't like it, you can always not join the Democratic Party. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length