Democratic Party Platform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:21:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Party Platform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Party Platform  (Read 9694 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 15, 2004, 10:07:12 PM »

Great platform, Mr. President.

The section on the economy needs to be a bit more specific- it mentions spending "whatever is necessary" but not "frivolous"- this is open to widespread interpretation and opinion about what is necessary and what is frivilous.  Also taxation is not mentioned at all.

Aside from the economy section, the rest of the platform as written is clear in its meaning and intent, and represents positions I would agree with.

Noting my objection to the lack of specificity in the economy section, I vote yes.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:23:44 PM »

If I can vote No, but anyway Mr. President didnt you switch parties or another one formed by Ben or someone?

I believe you are a member of the UAC and therefore you cannot vote on this.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:04:46 AM »

Ben,

If you object to the platform that strongly, might I suggest that you yourself draft a competing platform.

I think the duty of platform writing should have been yours anyway, if you are the Chairman of the party.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

Ben, I apologise if I had your position confused as current Party Chairman.  Who is our chair, anyway?  Its not Boss Tweed anymore, right?

My analysis of your platforms can be found here.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:13:34 AM »

Fritz, maybe you can redo your analysis of the differences again, though. It seems to me that the new Nym version is much closer to the Ben version in many areas.

As Ben has withdrawn his objections, and appears to be supporting the revised Nym90 platform, there does not appear to be a need for this.

I will redo my platform comparison analysis once our party, the Atlas National (i.e. Republican) party, and the United Left party (if they are ever formed) all have finalized platforms.

Presidential and Senatorial elections are scheduled I believe for June 18, less than 5 weeks from now.  It would be nice if we could clearly establish what parties are going to participate in those elections, and what each parties platform is, well in advance of then.

On that note, I vote yes on Nym90's revised platform.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 03:02:54 PM »

Voting on this has been sparse.  Can we declare Nym's revised platform as officially passed?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies