LibDem leadership election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  LibDem leadership election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LibDem leadership election  (Read 24238 times)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:33:55 PM »

I'm a Lib Dem (and am writing this about 13 mins prior to a statement by 20 Lib Dem MP's who have threatened to resign en mass unless Charles stands down) and I have to say that if Charles does / forced to stand down then I will be sending my Lib Dem membership card back to London and joining a party that advocates Lib Dem policy instead namely the Social Democratic Party (who still exist in the south of Wales)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:20:55 PM »

namely the Social Democratic Party (who still exist in the south of Wales)

Don't they still have a couple of councillers somewhere down there? I know they do in Bridlington (ER, Yorks).

That's right. A threesome in Neath and Port Talbot
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 10:07:42 AM »

It is being reported this afternoon across the two UK news networks (BBC News 24 and Sky News) that Charles Kennedy MP (Lib Dem, Ross, Skye and Lochaber) is to stand down as leader of the Lib Dems. I consider this action to be the result of the 25 or so MP's who suggested that he wasn't good enough to be Lib Dem leader following his admission of alcohol dependence on Thursday. I have only one thing to say to these MP's and that is:

Well, I hope that you are satisfied now!

What Charles Kennedy did on Thursday was the same as the Prime Minister speaking to the nation and announcing "I'm gay!" and what happens to Charles? He's gets picked on by half his party and is booted out. Well, I have to said that this is NOT the party I joined back in 1992 and if Mr. Kennedy's name is not on the leadership ballot (that he also announced on Thursday) then to be quite frank I want nothing to do with the Lib Dems again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies