New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039494 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3300 on: September 03, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »

Of course he just randomly picked the Mideast where the RPP just happens to have a vulnerable senator. DUH!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #3301 on: September 03, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »

Of course he just randomly picked the Mideast where the RPP just happens to have a vulnerable senator. DUH!

Vulnerable? Unless the JCP has more people go there, Tmthforu isn't particularly vulnerable. That is, unless a few voters change their minds all of a sudden. The numbers in the Mideast are in the RPP's favor.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3302 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »

Vulnerable? Unless the JCP has more people go there, Tmthforu isn't particularly vulnerable. That is, unless a few voters change their minds all of a sudden. The numbers in the Mideast are in the RPP's favor.

I don't think you realize how popular Al is.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3303 on: September 03, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3304 on: September 03, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »

I really like having RowanBrandon on our side.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3305 on: September 03, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »

I really like having RowanBrandon on our side.

It is a beautiful thing. I don't even expect him to be all that centrist, but having a sane conservative voice really is comforting.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3306 on: September 03, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »

Hilarious, RB is a member of the RPP and he is an idiot, but suddenly with a post he's a genius.  I'll admit, the reason I pushed him so hard was because I wanted to piss off the left and show the downfalls of STV voting by inserting the biggest fool we had (JC declined to run of course)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3307 on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »

Hilarious, RB is a member of the RPP and he is an idiot, but suddenly with a post he's a genius.  I'll admit, the reason I pushed him so hard was because I wanted to piss off the left and show the downfalls of STV voting by inserting the biggest fool we had (JC declined to run of course)

lol, you're an awful liar.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3308 on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »

It wasn't that a party change made him smarter. It is that when he was a member of the RPP, he was under considerably more pressure to conform to the strict message of the RPP. Without those sorts of restrictions, he is free to speak freely and make intelligent comments.

I suspect the same would be the case with Hamilton. The attempts to cover up strategic party registration is just becoming sad at this point. I know, from private and some public discussions, that Hamilton is a reasonable guy, but the necessity to conform to the RPP message has hurt his ability to act that way publicly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3309 on: September 03, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3310 on: September 03, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

Sigh.

When people take games like this too seriously it tends to ruin the fun for everyone else - and "everyone else" probably continues to constitute a majority of active posters here.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3311 on: September 03, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »

I'm not in the mood right now, but tomorrow I will post the posts where I said exactly that on the private board
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3312 on: September 03, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »

I'm not in the mood right now, but tomorrow I will post the posts where I said exactly that on the private board

How about ditching that private board entirely and opening it to the public, if you want to be transparent of course.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3313 on: September 03, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

How about ditching that private board entirely and opening it to the public, if you want to be transparent of course.

And of course he'll be selective in which posts he actually shares.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3314 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »

I think Duke already said we are phasingout the private board. There is no need for it, really, now that we are a national party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3315 on: September 04, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »

In response to Duke asking why I wanted Rowan so bad after he disgraced our party in the special election instead of SPC:

Duke, I know your concerns, but seriously which is going to piss off the left more?  Electing SPC or having that idiot win who no one likes?  I mean, he did declare his intentions before anyone else and now we can show why STV voting is stupid
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3316 on: September 04, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »

In response to Duke asking why I wanted Rowan so bad after he disgraced our party in the special election instead of SPC:

Duke, I know your concerns, but seriously which is going to piss off the left more?  Electing SPC or having that idiot win who no one likes?  I mean, he did declare his intentions before anyone else and now we can show why STV voting is stupid

You do realize this makes people think you are a joke party right?  If you would elect someone simply to piss others off. hahahaha
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3317 on: September 04, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »

You do realize this makes people think you are a joke party right?  If you would elect someone simply to piss others off. hahahaha
Obviously we thought two candidates would get elected, and what better way to prove the flaws of a system we don't like then to elect someone who everyone hates and prove that we could elect a potato if we really wanted to?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3318 on: September 04, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

It does show why regional seats are better. Wink
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3319 on: September 04, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »

Obviously we thought two candidates would get elected, and what better way to prove the flaws of a system we don't like then to elect someone who everyone hates and prove that we could elect a potato if we really wanted to?

One of the significant points of the system is to ensure that every sizable section of Atlasia can get representation. I don't get why you'd think RB's election would cause a stir, nevermind hatred on the left. (At any rate, it's not like you couldn't elect whoever you like to the Southeastern regional seat anyway.)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3320 on: September 04, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »

One of the significant points of the system is to ensure that every sizable section of Atlasia can get representation. I don't get why you'd think RB's election would cause a stir, nevermind hatred on the left. (At any rate, it's not like you couldn't elect whoever you like to the Southeastern regional seat anyway.)

Not to mention, I have no objection to the RPP having the power to elect a potato. The point is that you are able to elect a person you believe to most accurately reflect your views. Apparently, you used that power incorrectly and, while trying to piss everyone else off, simply shot yourselves in the foot. Perhaps a period of reflection is in order; after all, for someone who is so good at election strategy, you really screwed your party over.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3321 on: September 04, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

Not to mention, I have no objection to the RPP having the power to elect a potato. The point is that you are able to elect a person you believe to most accurately reflect your views. Apparently, you used that power incorrectly and, while trying to piss everyone else off, simply shot yourselves in the foot. Perhaps a period of reflection is in order; after all, for someone who is so good at election strategy, you really screwed your party over.

We have Duke now. Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3322 on: September 04, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

Ok kids, we should make a new topic for this if we want to continue it. Take it from this hobo.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3323 on: September 04, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »

East Coast Republican
Regional Protection Party
OHIO

Welcome !

Mideast, Ohio, RPP: you couldn't have chosen better Grin
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3324 on: September 04, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »

But you can be sure of a thing: I'm not a flip-flop.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies