New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:51:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1044582 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6825 on: October 01, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »

Following in Dallas's footsteps...

20RP12
Jesus Christ Party (JCP)
Rhode Island

I think I'm ready to return to party politics. I'm testing the JCP waters first because I trust Dallas. If I'm dissatisfied with my experience, I'll join the RPP.

EDIT: And to my right-wing friends, this does not mean I've become a crazy left wing extremist, so don't yell at me please xP
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6826 on: October 01, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »

This is all very hilarious.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6827 on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »

This is interesting. Very interesting. The right needs to be perfectly united for it to have any chance at winning elections.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6828 on: October 01, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

Dallasfan65
Massachusetts
Jesus Christ Party

Wait, is today April 01? My calender says no, but there must something wrong. Shocked Grin

Word on the street is that the JCP is recruiting moderates. Basically anyone with a Winfield signature should be joining up if what I've heard is correct.

That's the first I've heard of it. I wonder who makes this stuff up. I'm used to it, though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6829 on: October 01, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

You know, I'm sorry for Dallas. He made a decision regarding his registration. A decision that surprised me too (and I'm friend with him basically since he came here). Yes, I was surprised, but I'm definitively not surprised by the right's desperate attempts to use his personal decision as a tool in throwing-crap game. I thought you know him better to now spread this s**t.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6830 on: October 01, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »

Didn't Teddy just get into trouble for spreading rumors? Enough is enough.

And people bitch about me Jesus all you guys are ridiculous.

But welcome Jake.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6831 on: October 01, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

I just hope the desperate left-wingers who scurried back to the JCP rather pitifully don't mind their party having a significant left-libertarian/libertarian faction now. So long and sweet dreams to progressive economics.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6832 on: October 01, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

I just hope the desperate left-wingers who scurried back to the JCP rather pitifully don't mind their party having a significant left-libertarian/libertarian faction now. So long and sweet dreams to progressive economics.

Said a leftist who joined right-wing party for sole purpose of staying politically alive after screwing up UDL experiment royally.

Your moral credit to talk about this is astounding, Marokai.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6833 on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

Said a leftist who joined right-wing party for sole purpose of staying politically alive after screwing up UDL experiment royally.

My party's Presidential nominee is more left-wing than some of your new voters, dude.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6834 on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:47 PM »

Lol I am loving this. Continue please.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6835 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:11 PM »

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6836 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes

And those people are idiots. If there was a progressive party that cared about reform and didn't have the nasty and shallow streak the Populares carried as their banner, I would join it. It's no wonder your President is practically suicidal from all of you people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6837 on: October 01, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2011, 06:24:11 PM by Kalwejt »

My party's Presidential nominee is more left-wing than some of your new voters, dude.

Your point?

For your info, I neither asked not made any political promise to Dallas or Jbrase in exchance for voting for me. Instead, I was pretty surpised seeing Jbrase voting for me over Junkie.

And so what? Both are adult folks who can make their own decisions.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6838 on: October 01, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »

This entire argument is really just pathetic.

Ya'll get too caught up in the game and are at each other's throats all the f**king time. We're in an argument because people changed their registration. We're flinging sh*t at each other because of people changing their party identity in a game. Why is it such a big deal? I wouldn't care if someone changed their registration. "Oh but *insert person here* has been a member of *insert party here* forever, why's he joining *insert party here* now?!" Like it actually matters. You all need to stop and just chill out.

/rant.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6839 on: October 01, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6840 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.

That's life. There's going to be times when you're the minority. But this is a game for Pete's sake. I know it's not fair, but that's how it goes. When you're playing Monopoly and losing, you can do 1 of 3 things: either say "oh well, that's the game. This guy's really good anyway." or say "Whatever, I quit. You win. Bye." or say "YOU'RE CHEATING!1ONE!1ONE!!!!!" Obviously the first and second options are the most mature in my opinion, but unfortunately, people have chosen option three as their position.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6841 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2011, 06:43:57 PM by Wolf Haley »

Republicans didn't give up when they lost everything and were reduced to 40 Senate seats. They revamped their messaging and priorities to an extent (people here are more informed and not as easily duped). I certainly understand why libertarians would prefer a party that ends unnecessary wars and overturns federal smoking bans to a party that supports those policies, wants to outlaw abortion and medical marijuana and so on and so forth.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #6842 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »

I am appreciative of the support and the welcome, Napoleon and Kalwejt. Smiley

Not necessarily. Yeah, I have voted for a few JCPers, but what of it? There isn't a very great sample size. I voted for Kalwejt, but let's not forget Kalwejt has been my friend since I joined this forum. I worked with him in the Northeast Assembly, and collaborate on a (quite) frequent basis on the What-if board.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6843 on: October 01, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »

Join the EAJ-PNV!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6844 on: October 01, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »

That's life. There's going to be times when you're the minority. But this is a game for Pete's sake. I know it's not fair, but that's how it goes. When you're playing Monopoly and losing, you can do 1 of 3 things: either say "oh well, that's the game. This guy's really good anyway." or say "Whatever, I quit. You win. Bye."

And that's exactly what's happening to a lot of people. (Hell, I just resigned yesterday. You don't need to tell me that.) The difference is, this isn't a board game. We can't all just walk away and start a new game later. This is the type of game that has to be maintained and kept interesting over time.

Republicans didn't give up when they lost everything and were reduced to 40 Senate seats. They revamped their messaging and priorities to an extent (people here are more informed and not as easily duped). I certainly understand why libertarians would prefer a party that ends unnecessary wars and overturns federal smoking bans to a party that supports those policies, wants to outlaw abortion and medical marijuana and so on and so forth.

This isn't the real world, and we don't have "swing voters." The right has a structural deficit and the left has a committed voting population that will never ever ever ever deviate ever. That sort of state of affairs cannot be changed, at least, not for the immediate future, by "messaging." Hell, if the last at-large Senate election proved anything it's that credentials mean absolutely nothing, since you guys would sooner elect an inanimate object than anyone outside of your clique.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6845 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »

Hell, if the last at-large Senate election proved anything it's that credentials mean absolutely nothing, since you guys would sooner elect an inanimate object than anyone outside of your clique.

You think my non-leftist voter would vote for Mr. Generic Last Minute JCP Candidate?

Dude, I'm not afraid to show my credidentials. In fact, I'm pretty confident about them/
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6846 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »

I joined this game when Tmthforu RowanBrandon and Ghostwhite were both elected despite my votes. Everything you're saying is nonsense. Your whole party has taken to whining about being sure to lose rather than trying to win. For example, none of your candidates have ever attempted to get my support. Jbrase won. You guys choose not to win.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6847 on: October 01, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

I joined this game when Tmthforu RowanBrandon and Ghostwhite were both elected despite my votes. Everything you're saying is nonsense. Your whole party has taken to whining about being sure to lose rather than trying to win. For example, none of your candidates have ever attempted to get my support.

Would you ever vote for an RPP candidate above a JCP candidate? Ever? Be serious now.

And please stop treating me as if I'm some dyed-in-the-wool RPPer. It's not a permanent gig. At least I hope.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6848 on: October 01, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »

I've put many people ahead of JCP candidates in my time here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6849 on: October 01, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

I can show you my credentials and my resume. And, with all respect to my opponent, I'm very confident about confronting my resume with his.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies