Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 12:30:59 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 321 Print
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 677062 times)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:11 pm »
Ignore

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »
Ignore

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes

And those people are idiots. If there was a progressive party that cared about reform and didn't have the nasty and shallow streak the Populares carried as their banner, I would join it. It's no wonder your President is practically suicidal from all of you people.

Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: October 01, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
Ignore

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

I just hope the desperate left-wingers who scurried back to the JCP rather pitifully don't mind their party having a significant left-libertarian/libertarian faction now. So long and sweet dreams to progressive economics.

Said a leftist who joined right-wing party for sole purpose of staying politically alive after screwing up UDL experiment royally.

Your moral credit to talk about this is astounding, Marokai.

My party's Presidential nominee is more left-wing than some of your new voters, dude.

Your point?

For your info, I neither asked not made any political promise to Dallas or Jbrase in exchance for voting for me. Instead, I was pretty surpised seeing Jbrase voting for me over Junkie.

And so what? Both are adult folks who can make their own decisions.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:24:11 pm by Kalwejt »Logged

Pope of the Northeast Catholic Church
Sovereign of the Papal Boats
Former Drunkard
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: October 01, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »
Ignore

This entire argument is really just pathetic.

Ya'll get too caught up in the game and are at each other's throats all the f**king time. We're in an argument because people changed their registration. We're flinging sh*t at each other because of people changing their party identity in a game. Why is it such a big deal? I wouldn't care if someone changed their registration. "Oh but *insert person here* has been a member of *insert party here* forever, why's he joining *insert party here* now?!" Like it actually matters. You all need to stop and just chill out.

/rant.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: October 01, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »
Ignore

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:50 pm »
Ignore

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.

That's life. There's going to be times when you're the minority. But this is a game for Pete's sake. I know it's not fair, but that's how it goes. When you're playing Monopoly and losing, you can do 1 of 3 things: either say "oh well, that's the game. This guy's really good anyway." or say "Whatever, I quit. You win. Bye." or say "YOU'RE CHEATING!1ONE!1ONE!!!!!" Obviously the first and second options are the most mature in my opinion, but unfortunately, people have chosen option three as their position.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »
Ignore

Republicans didn't give up when they lost everything and were reduced to 40 Senate seats. They revamped their messaging and priorities to an extent (people here are more informed and not as easily duped). I certainly understand why libertarians would prefer a party that ends unnecessary wars and overturns federal smoking bans to a party that supports those policies, wants to outlaw abortion and medical marijuana and so on and so forth.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:43:57 pm by Wolf Haley »Logged

Dallasfan65
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
Ignore

I am appreciative of the support and the welcome, Napoleon and Kalwejt. Smiley

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

Not necessarily. Yeah, I have voted for a few JCPers, but what of it? There isn't a very great sample size. I voted for Kalwejt, but let's not forget Kalwejt has been my friend since I joined this forum. I worked with him in the Northeast Assembly, and collaborate on a (quite) frequent basis on the What-if board.

Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6858 on: October 01, 2011, 06:45:04 pm »
Ignore

Join the EAJ-PNV!

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: October 01, 2011, 06:47:15 pm »
Ignore

That's life. There's going to be times when you're the minority. But this is a game for Pete's sake. I know it's not fair, but that's how it goes. When you're playing Monopoly and losing, you can do 1 of 3 things: either say "oh well, that's the game. This guy's really good anyway." or say "Whatever, I quit. You win. Bye."

And that's exactly what's happening to a lot of people. (Hell, I just resigned yesterday. You don't need to tell me that.) The difference is, this isn't a board game. We can't all just walk away and start a new game later. This is the type of game that has to be maintained and kept interesting over time.

Republicans didn't give up when they lost everything and were reduced to 40 Senate seats. They revamped their messaging and priorities to an extent (people here are more informed and not as easily duped). I certainly understand why libertarians would prefer a party that ends unnecessary wars and overturns federal smoking bans to a party that supports those policies, wants to outlaw abortion and medical marijuana and so on and so forth.

This isn't the real world, and we don't have "swing voters." The right has a structural deficit and the left has a committed voting population that will never ever ever ever deviate ever. That sort of state of affairs cannot be changed, at least, not for the immediate future, by "messaging." Hell, if the last at-large Senate election proved anything it's that credentials mean absolutely nothing, since you guys would sooner elect an inanimate object than anyone outside of your clique.

Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:03 pm »
Ignore

Hell, if the last at-large Senate election proved anything it's that credentials mean absolutely nothing, since you guys would sooner elect an inanimate object than anyone outside of your clique.

You think my non-leftist voter would vote for Mr. Generic Last Minute JCP Candidate?

Dude, I'm not afraid to show my credidentials. In fact, I'm pretty confident about them/

Former Drunkard
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »
Ignore

I joined this game when Tmthforu RowanBrandon and Ghostwhite were both elected despite my votes. Everything you're saying is nonsense. Your whole party has taken to whining about being sure to lose rather than trying to win. For example, none of your candidates have ever attempted to get my support. Jbrase won. You guys choose not to win.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: October 01, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »
Ignore

I joined this game when Tmthforu RowanBrandon and Ghostwhite were both elected despite my votes. Everything you're saying is nonsense. Your whole party has taken to whining about being sure to lose rather than trying to win. For example, none of your candidates have ever attempted to get my support.

Would you ever vote for an RPP candidate above a JCP candidate? Ever? Be serious now.

And please stop treating me as if I'm some dyed-in-the-wool RPPer. It's not a permanent gig. At least I hope.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: October 01, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »
Ignore

I've put many people ahead of JCP candidates in my time here.

Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: October 01, 2011, 06:54:30 pm »
Ignore

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

I can show you my credentials and my resume. And, with all respect to my opponent, I'm very confident about confronting my resume with his.

Former Drunkard
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: October 01, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »
Ignore

You know, I'm sorry for Dallas. He made a decision regarding his registration. A decision that surprised me too (and I'm friend with him basically since he came here). Yes, I was surprised, but I'm definitively not surprised by the right's desperate attempts to use his personal decision as a tool in throwing-crap game. I thought you know him better to now spread this s**t.

Please refrain from lumping us all together.  Thanks Wink

Banning medical marijuana came from a far right party member.  It by no means represents myself, and several others like me.  Why does everyone insist on grouping the left and right as if we all somehow have the same opinion.  Not sure why I bother trying to stay above party politics, when it's just assumed I'm going to vote this way or that, or do this or that.  No wonder we're jumping down each others throats all the time.  

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »
Ignore

Perhaps try to tame the extremists then?

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:47 pm »
Ignore

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

You have credentials. BRTD did not.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:11 pm »
Ignore

I honestly don't want to take sides on this (because both sides are being children in all honesty) but I still don't understand how or why BRTD was elected. I don't remember him ever participating in the game before my banning, but my memory occasionally slips on me. So can someone refresh me on how BRTD got elected?

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »
Ignore

I don't know how you work, but I don't tell anyone what to do.  It's not my job to tame extremists that I have no power over, except when the voting booths open.  
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6870 on: October 01, 2011, 07:05:27 pm »
Ignore

I honestly don't want to take sides on this (because both sides are being children in all honesty) but I still don't understand how or why BRTD was elected. I don't remember him ever participating in the game before my banning, but my memory occasionally slips on me. So can someone refresh me on how BRTD got elected?

He was a former Senator.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: October 01, 2011, 07:06:33 pm »
Ignore

I don't know how you work, but I don't tell anyone what to do.  It's not my job to tame extremists that I have no power over, except when the voting booths open.  

How I work? I've never had to deal with extremists, so...

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:30 pm »
Ignore

He was a former Senator.

Like, three years ago.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: October 01, 2011, 07:09:30 pm »
Ignore

He was a former Senator.

Like, three years ago.

Ahhhhhh but those are still credentials, no?

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: October 01, 2011, 07:11:46 pm »
Ignore

The JCP is still a progressive party. We were a progressive party when we had moderates like Bullmoose joining and representing us in the Senate, and we're still a progressive party now (Dallas just told me he has no plans to run for office, FTR). I'm sure these people each have their own unique reasons for joining a party that may not be the most ideologically in sync with them, just as you had your reasons for joining the RPP, Marokai.

I'm not going to start kicking out people in the name of purity. You're always welcome to rejoin if you want to, Marokai.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 321 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout