New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1050232 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 18, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »

TJ in Cleve
RPP
Ohio
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

Welcome to the Mideast Region and the RPP.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »

Now I'm to understand that I just moved to a country where:
1) There is a national healthcare system
2) A nationwide smoking ban
3) Is spending money like banshee's "because interest rates are low"
4) Is practically dominated by liberals that all think a like

And what else?

Now if this was actually me, "I'm moving and taking my money with me to either A) Qatar, B) UAE, C) Singapore, or D) Hong Kong"

That aside is there anything I'm really supposed to do?

Conservatives are an endangered species here. Luckily, you're in the Mideast Region which is about as conservative as it gets in this game. We have a regional election this weekend for governor and the five Assembly seats. I'd suggest looking at the 'Regional Governments' sub-board of the 'Atlas Fantasy Government' to see what's going in the Mideast right now. Our legislative discussions are those that begin with "MA:...".* Our current laws and constitution can be found on the Atlas Fantasy Wiki.^ Click on the Mideast Region tab for the regional version.

It’s too late to declare a candidacy for anything but I suppose you could launch a write-in bid if you wanted, though I’m not encouraging you to do so because I don’t want another opponent for the Assembly Tongue

* https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=84.0
^ https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »

Perhaps try to tame the extremists then?
2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes
If I remember correctly, the “far-right” sponsor of this bill is someone you endorsed the re-election campaign of Tongue
…and yes, there are some elements of the RPP that are actually conservative as much as that is hated here in Atlasia. You can stick in a few snide insults toward the forum’s conservatives here and there online with the guise that it is extreme to propose a law similar to the one in the country that poster actually lives, but in reality, Napoleon, it isn’t and a large number of people have that view. The RPP is a party with no ideology as it has to be because of the leftist tilt of the Atlas compared with real life. We have conservatives, moderates, libertarians and even a few liberals. Not everyone in the RPP believes that recreational use of marijuana should be illegal, but you have to at least admit it’s a more worthwhile discussion than the Dangerous Dogs Bill or the Grade Weighting Amendment or half the other stupid things the Mideast Assembly has written in past sessions. Of course you will always vehemently disagree with pretty much every opinion a social conservative will have, but please be a little respectful.

But, the real issue is that we don’t actually live in Atlasia so our views are constructed elsewhere and brought here. No amount of framing or debate within the game is actually about to change that. We don’t live to watch the real effects of our bills and no one’s mind is about to be changed on divisive issued because of some online fantasy election game. No one cares if their taxes get raised here and that’s the mark of a true departure from real life Wink. The JCP will continue to be a powerhouse as long as there are more liberals than conservatives in the game. This election is again a mark of that divide. Is the RPP whining tonight? Yes, of course. People get competitive in games and get disappointed when they lose. In real life, this is when we all would go out bowling or something to forget about the fight and move on. Though, it’s difficult to have a fun night on a political forum doing something else, so we can’t go bowling Sad
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »

TJ in Cleve
Ohio
RPP-Right to Life Caucus
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »

TJ in Cleve (no change)
Ohio (no change)
Communitarian Party of Atlasia (CPA)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »

no change
no change
Communitarian Party - Pro-Life Caucus

Yes, we can now make the Right to Life Caucus an official one again now that the CPA has 10 members!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »

Communitarian Party of Atlasia - Right to Life caucus (no change)

I know you've intended to form one pro-life caucus, but you've given it two names. Do you want me to call it Right to Life or Pro-Life?

Let's call it the Right to Life Caucus. Sorry about the wording difference. Apparently we needed to make your job a bit more complicated... Tongue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

You also have to be registered in the forum for at least 15 days (I think... unless we've amended that rule since the Wiki was last updated?).
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

Welcome to the Mideast!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:23 AM »

Mitt Romney's Hair
Whig (Conservative) Party
Virginia (Northern Virginia in DC metro area, but still VA....)

I don't know how involved I'll be in this, but I'm willing to give it a try Smiley

Welcome to the game, region, and party!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »

Snowguy716
Labor
North Carolina

(I've moved to a place in the mountains in honor of my step-dad's parents).

Unfortunately, we accidentally junked the one-free-move upon registration rule in passing the Third Constitution, so I don't think you're able to move within 6 months.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

Snowguy716
Labor
North Carolina

(I've moved to a place in the mountains in honor of my step-dad's parents).

Unfortunately, we accidentally junked the one-free-move upon registration rule in passing the Third Constitution, so I don't think you're able to move within 6 months.
Accidentally?

What has happened to this place?

Oh well, if I'm stuck in Vermont.. so be it.

It seems I'm mistaken.

A few weeks ago someone registered and tried to change regions right away under the one-free-move rule and Homely pointed out we don't actually have a one free move rule on our books anywhere. The opinion that emerged was that it was accidentally removed when the Third Constitution was passed. Homely decided we would interpret: "Persons may only change their State of registration from one region to another region once every 180 days" as allowing a move immediately because registering to begin with isn't a move. So I was wrong about that. You do get to go to NC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies