how do you think you look? (honestly)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  how do you think you look? (honestly)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: how do you think you look? (honestly)  (Read 14387 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 09:33:58 PM »

What can I say?  I dont like 'honking my own horn'.  Smiley
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »

Not one for masturbation, eh?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 09:47:35 PM »

lol.  Thats not what I meant.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »

I think I'm kind of ugly, and I'm slightly overweight (165, for my height of 5'11). I have a somewhat large belly, and big inner thighs, whilst my arms, calves, and toes are very thin. Maybe I lack self confidence or something, maybe it's because I've never had a girlfriend or barely any friends who were girls. Sad

Dude, you think 165 pounds is overweight for a male your height?  That seems pretty underweight.  I think for that height, 170-180 is the ideal weight for most builds.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »

I think I'm kind of ugly, and I'm slightly overweight (165, for my height of 5'11). I have a somewhat large belly, and big inner thighs, whilst my arms, calves, and toes are very thin. Maybe I lack self confidence or something, maybe it's because I've never had a girlfriend or barely any friends who were girls. Sad

Dude, you think 165 pounds is overweight for a male your height?  That seems pretty underweight.  I think for that height, 170-180 is the ideal weight for most builds.
Thanks, but I still need to loose some weight around my stomach and thighs, and that's about it. I've lost most of my weight on my arms, calves and back, but I have muscle in many of those areas now. My problem is, though, is that my body looks uneven. Sad That's why I'm trying to stomach excersises. Smiley

That reminds me, ever since I started doing 200 sit-ups a night, I've built a ton of muscle underneath my belly, but this muscle makes my stomach look big when I bend or contract my stomach muscles. What do you think I can do to loose that layer of fat? Smiley
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 10:15:42 PM »

Thanks, but I still need to loose some weight around my stomach and thighs, and that's about it. I've lost most of my weight on my arms, calves and back, but I have muscle in many of those areas now. My problem is, though, is that my body looks uneven. Sad That's why I'm trying to stomach excersises. Smiley

That reminds me, ever since I started doing 200 sit-ups a night, I've built a ton of muscle underneath my belly, but this muscle makes my stomach look big when I bend or contract my stomach muscles. What do you think I can do to loose that layer of fat? Smiley

I'm not an expert on exercises, and which ones to do to lose fat in certain places.  You could consult an exercise magazine or something like Men's Health, that runs constant articles on the right exercises to do.

I think, honestly, that if you keep doing what you're doing, it will mostly go away on its own as you physically mature and grow into yourself.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:08 PM »

Okay, thanks! Smiley I'll ask J-Mann, too. Smiley
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »

Honestly, there is no way to naturally 'spot reduce' certain areas.  A nice diet matched with some daily exercise will get rid of that little bulge in no time.  By the way, you are hardly overweight for your height.  Im 5'-11'' 175lbs and I think Im in rather good shape.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 04:49:18 PM »

Max, you said you were fairly overweight at 165 for your height of 5'11.

Max, I am the same height, and I outweigh you by close to 100 pounds.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

You are morbidly obese then.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2006, 05:36:24 PM by riceowl315 »

i think i look ok, but I also think I underestimate myself

So make what you will.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2006, 05:45:11 PM »

I'm about 6' solid and about 70 lbs heavier than Max, or 25-30 lbs lighter than Irish. I am overweight, but not to th degree Irish is.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2006, 05:58:01 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2006, 06:26:16 PM by Brian from Family Guy »

How nice of you to point that out <sarcasm of course>.  One must also look at body fat % and for me that's 23%.  Still high, but though I'm 245 pounds which is considered obese, the 23% is pretty bad, but not terrible.  I kinda have the same problem as Max being that most of my weight loves to settle in my stomach and I can see what he's saying, but if he keeps working hard, that will go away as he gets older and should be in good shape.  When I was 5'10", 195-210 in high school, I thought I was in decent shape and could skate as fast as some 140 pound kids though I always had that pesky pouch around my abdomen.  My advice:

Max:  You're doing a good job, keep it up!  Sometimes we all don't have the best genes, but still make the most of it.  You're 15 and have plenty of time to develop muscularly and there is no way in hell I'd consider you overweight.  If you keep on the track you are, avoid the stupid sh**t like excess drinking, you will have an incredible physique by the time you're 17-18- something I only wish I have.

Dr. Cynic:  What will hurt you at 17 with the opposite sex is your weight and I can never deny that, but even worse than that is CONFIDENCE.  I have been turned down many of times solely because of my weight, but I've also seen 300-350 pound men that look even worse than I do with hot 110-130 lb. arm candy for girlfriends.  Back when I was 17, there was a girl who worked in the Floral department of a supermarket I worked at I had a huge crush on, told everyone about, yet I never had the balls to approach her.  I heard a year later she was interested, but if I wasn't such a dumb ass I probably could have got with her.  If you know someone you like,  it- GO FOR HER!  However, what will hurt you more in your 20s is not having career goals, ambition and confidence even 10X more than weight.  There are also women who want perfection themselves with teenage girls wanting tall, dark, ripped, and handsome and golddigging 20-somethings wanting "established, successful" men.  Know what-  FU(K THEM!!  They aren't worth your time, but at the same time keep trying to improve yourself.

Speaking of which I'm going to digest my dinner then off to the gym!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2006, 06:39:45 PM »

It's not too pretty.  I'm the one in the red tie.

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2006, 07:39:20 PM »

The girls seem to like you just fine. Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

You're better looking than the guy in the blue Tongue

No, really, I think you're an okay looking guy, FWIW Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

The girl in the photo is one of my former roommates girlfriend.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

She seems into you! Smiley  Dude, I said this last night.  You get turned down NEXT!  Turned down again- NEXT! NEXT! NEXT! NEXT!  Just like plugging away at it like a slot machine.  She looks pretty.  Does she have a boyfriend?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2006, 07:54:43 PM »

She seems into you! Smiley  Dude, I said this last night.  You get turned down NEXT!  Turned down again- NEXT! NEXT! NEXT! NEXT!  Just like plugging away at it like a slot machine.  She looks pretty.  Does she have a boyfriend?

Ummm... she is my FORMER ROOMMATES GIRLFRIEND.  Besides, I (hopefully) have something lined up here, anyway.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2006, 08:44:36 PM »

Brian, confidance really isn't it. I have done my best, and given a good effort each time. I will be 18 approxamately one month from today, and am hoping this year goes better.

As far as ambition, I wasn't voted "Most Likely To Succeed" for nothing. Perhaps if you saw my pic, it would be easier to judge me.... But I can't figure out how to put one up...

Oh, Jake, my morbidly obese frame gets me roles, I'm not complaining about it. Smiley.

riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »

Oh, Jake, my morbidly obese frame gets me roles, I'm not complaining about it. Smiley.

*eyes dart around

"And rolls...?"

*quick escape
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2006, 09:15:16 PM »

What? You didn't know that I am an actor and comedian? My frame does give me certain roles when I audition.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »

Depending on the day, I think I'm ugly to average.  My parents think I'm beautiful, though.

Rin-chan
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2006, 09:23:51 PM »

Depending on the day, I think I'm ugly to average.  My parents think I'm beautiful, though.

Rin-chan

I saw the picture you posted, and you are in no way ugly.  I think you are quite attractive.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2006, 09:39:40 PM »

Rin-chan

I saw the picture you posted, and you are in no way ugly.  I think you are quite attractive.

Thanks.  I appreciate the compliment and it made my day, but it won't affect my long term self image.  I'll still feel strange looking in the morning.  I think I'm significantly less ugly than when I was in middle school, though.  That's an improvement.

Most women don't like how they look, I think.

True, true... Damned media... lol

Rin-chan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies