Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:05:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17107 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:14 AM »

Even if Bush finishes out his term with low ratings, he will still have had high ratings a little more than half of his total tenure in office. That's more than a lot of Presidents can say.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »

Even if Bush finishes out his term with low ratings, he will still have had high ratings a little more than half of his total tenure in office. That's more than a lot of Presidents can say.

How do you come to that conclusion??  His ratings were average till 9/11, then went up were high for about 2 years, then dropped by early 04 where they hovered a little above or below 50 for a little over a year then started to drop in late winter/early spring of 05 and have sucked since.  He will have had high ratings for about 2 and a half years,  a little below and above 50 for about 1 3/4 years and crap for 3 3/4 years.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:18 AM »

How do you come to that conclusion??  His ratings were average till 9/11, then went up were high for about 2 years, then dropped by early 04 where they hovered a little above or below 50 for a little over a year then started to drop in late winter/early spring of 05 and have sucked since.  He will have had high ratings for about 2 and a half years,  a little below and above 50 for about 1 3/4 years and crap for 3 3/4 years.

His ratings before 9/11 were over 50. So giving you all of 2004 and early 2005, then you are right, he had only 3 good years, at about 50 for a year, and then down. For some reason I remember his ratings in 2004 as being higher than they were.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »

A D or so. He's done alot of bad things, and I'm trying to think of stuff I agree with him on. Maybe the tax cuts. But on the other hand I love his personality, and that of his family, and I do give him, along with the rest of the government credit for preventing another attack on our soil. I also think he’s given a raw deal over Katrina. However, I don’t agree with the invasion of Iraq and he’s too socially conservative for me. As well, I’m really disappointed in him for running up the deficit. Still I think he'd have been better then Kerry, though not Gore.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2008, 10:49:30 AM by Bourbon Democrat »

...I do give him, along with the rest of the government credit for preventing another attack on our soil.
The main reason we haven't been attacked, according to many experts, is because Al Qaeda and co want to make sure the next attack is really something. The government hasn't really done anything other than remove some rights and create a massive bureaucracy to fix the problems caused by the existing bureaucracies not cooperating with each other.

As for Kerry, you may have a point. Kerry seemed to lack a coherent plan for foreign policy, however on domestic policy wise he would have been obviously a huge step up. It's sort of hard to imagine someone more inept than Bush though.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »

If we haven't been attacked since 9/11, I am sure it's because President Bush really stepped up port, rail and border security.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:33 AM »

I'd still give him a C-.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2008, 12:25:24 AM »

F.  Thank God he was dumb in some instances.
Proud Paleoconservative
MacLinn
Rookie

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2008, 02:05:45 AM »

D-
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2008, 04:37:39 AM »

Why isn't there a grade below F?
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »

Z
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »

...I do give him, along with the rest of the government credit for preventing another attack on our soil.
The main reason we haven't been attacked, according to many experts, is because Al Qaeda and co want to make sure the next attack is really something. The government hasn't really done anything other than remove some rights and create a massive bureaucracy to fix the problems caused by the existing bureaucracies not cooperating with each other.

Oh but don't you see? Because there has been no attack, we have to worship Bush for "protecting" us from Al-Queda...however, had there been an attack during the last couple of years, then it would have most definitely been a result of poor foreign policy long before Bush became president, most likely during the Clinton administration....yes, that'd be most probable.

As for the grading: F

It's not that he hasn't done anything that I approve of, but that's not the point. Even with 50% in most schools, it's still an F. (by the way, my support of his policies is at about 5%)

So naturally, there is no other fitting grade.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »

Foreign Policy : B- (could & should have been much stronger w/Iran and N. Korea)
Domestic Spending : C- (spent like a drunk sailor w/a credit card)
Taxation Issues : A- (Most Positive thing here...would vote again A++++++++++++++) hehe
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2008, 02:12:52 AM »

D-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »