Office of the Vice-President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:35:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Vice-President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Vice-President  (Read 1990 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:09:23 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2006, 09:11:28 PM by Porce »

Welcome to the office of the Vice President of Atlasia.

Take a free wrapped mint from the candy bowl; sit in the easy chair or grab a few Nyman tourism brochures.  Or you can read whatever announcements I have to make, whenever I happen to make them.  They will be posted in this thread.

As a reminder to Senators and whoever else is interested in Senatorial affairs, I am currently maintaining the Senate Notice Board and keeping it up-to-date.

That's all for now.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »

Congratulations in your confirmation, Ebowed.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »

Congratulations and good luck, Ebowed. Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:47:54 PM »

Congratulations! Keep 'em in line.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:45:02 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2006, 05:49:26 PM by Porce »

Concerned citizens,

I have returned from a three-week vacation.  I was mostly absent from the forum for the weekend, and while I did not anticipate being very active (and warned the PPT as such, who is doing an excellent job), I ended up breaking my arm on an embarrassing farm accident three days ago - a sort of mishap that would have been funny if it hadn't happened to me kind-of-thing.  It's supposed to heal in three or four weeks, while I keep the left arm suspended in a wretched sling to help speed the healing process.  Rather than keep me away from the forum, it will probably render me with more time to waste use the forum than ever Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 07:00:26 AM »

Well sorry to hear that Ebowed but glad you're back! Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Ebowed. Hope you get well soon.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 02:06:06 AM »

Dear Atlasians,

The position of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Atlasia has been vacant for almost two weeks due to Peter Bell's resignation from that post.  Today, as Acting President, I wish to announce that I am nominating TCash101 to serve as Chief Justice.  It is important that we have a competent and intelligent person serving as Chief Justice when a federal election is just a week away.  TCash has served as a dilligent and active Governor in the Southeast Region for the last four months, and his interest in regional court cases including his recent pursuit against a law criminalizing abortions in the state of Louisiana is indeed proof that he has an able legal mind that is necessary to serve as Chief Justice.

While I do not agree with all of TCash's personal and judicial ideology, it is not the job of the President to appoint ideological clones of himself, but rather people who will uphold the integrity of the Supreme Court as a place where great legal minds can meet and make decisions regarding the document that governs us.  I believe he will be an excellent Chief Justice and ask the Senate to pursue a speedy confirmation.

Regarding the other vacancy currently in the Court due to Ernest's resignation, I am working to find a suitable nominee.  I hope to have an announcement as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Ebowed
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 02:26:47 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2006, 02:28:18 AM by Governor TCash »

Thank you,  Ebowed, for your kind words and your nomination. I am humbled.

I accept your nomination, and hope to serve Atlasia well, should I be confirmed by the Senate. I hope my record as citizen and as governor reassures all that I strive, above all, to be fair. I believe I have been an independent voice when necesssary and able to put party and personality aside in the interests of what is just. Also, more than serving any ideological agenda, I wish for government to work well and be clear to all concerned. For these reasons I believe I can serve Atlasia well in this capacity.

Again, I appreciate your nomination and your faith in my service. I look forward to the confirmation process.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 06:41:53 AM »

Congratulations!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 11:35:29 PM »

Dear Atlasians,

Keystone Phil has just resigned as Secretary of the Treasury.  Before announcing his replacement, I would like to thank him for his service to Atlasia and to this administration.  I'm very sorry to see him go, but real-life concerns should always come first.

I have invited Supersoulty to serve out the rest of this short term as Secretary of the Treasury.  As he has held this office before he definitely has the necessary experience and knowledge it takes to serve.  I have no doubts about his ability to do an excellent job for the short remainder of this term, despite our ideological differences.

Thank you.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

I, of course accept.  Thank you, Mr. President.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »

Excellent choice!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 03:47:48 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2006, 03:52:20 AM by Porce »

Oh, Supersoulty left.  No more Sec. Treas. nomination.

I probably won't be recruiting anyone else for the position unless they ask me personally, since the rest of the term is pretty tiny.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 12:55:56 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2006, 12:59:37 AM by Porce »

Dear Atlasians,

I am here to announce that I am nominating Colin Wixted to serve as Associate Justice on the Supreme Court.  While Colin Wixted is more conservative than I, I have faith in his ability to interpret the constitution without letting personal politics cloud his judgement.  This is, as always, an important value when picking people to serve as judicial officers.

I believe Colin Wixted's service to our nation as Senator for almost a year has been an asset to the Northeast region and Atlasia as a whole.  I have no doubts that he will make an excellent Justice on the Supreme Court, and at a time when the court is about to get very busy, I urge the Senate to pursue a speedy confirmation process so that this qualified man can join the Court as soon as possible.

I would also like to apologize for the long wait in making an announcement regarding the vacancy of this office.  This was not intentional and I had hoped to have an announcement relatively soon after I nominated our new Chief Justice; however, circumstances did not allow for this to happen.

Thank you.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:58:01 AM »

A superb choice, Mr. President.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »

Thank you Vice President Ebowed for you nomination and I wholeheartedly accept the offer. I will, however, not resign my seat in the Senate until I am confirmed though I will not vote on my confirmation as I believe it would be a strict conflict of interests.

I am happy to answer all the questions put forward to me by both the Atlasian citizenry and the Senators concerning my judicial standings and my beliefs on certain constitutional issues.

I thank you once again, Vice President Ebowed, for nominating me to this destinguished position.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »

Under New Management Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies