The next Vermonts and West Virginias (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:54:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The next Vermonts and West Virginias (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The next Vermonts and West Virginias  (Read 19491 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: January 20, 2006, 04:20:21 AM »

South Dakota, but not North Dakota.
Why would South Dakota turn Democratic but not North Dakota?  Aren't these states pretty similar?

Because South Dakota has a (relatively) large Native American population, and they are heavily Democrat. They also have a higher birth rate so they are increasing as a percentage of the state (same in ND but smaller population base). The white population in the Dakotas is very old and the young always leave after high school. BRTD knows more about this, I'm just speaking in general terms.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:30:38 AM »

My guess would be Conneticuit. The state has always been generally right wing on most issues and I think that once Lieberman is out of office there that the state will fall into the right wing abyss possible taking New Hampshire with it.

I don't mean to be rude, but thats the dumbest thing I've heard all month.

"Generally right wing on most issues"? Our Assembly (legislature) passed a civil unions bill and our Republican Governor signed it without any pressure from the courts. We are one of the most socially liberal states nationally, although we aren't at the Vermont or Berkeley stage yet.

And Joe Lieberman isn't going anywhere. He will be re-elected in November. Besides Jodi Rell and Chris Shays, there aren't any popular Republican officials in the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies