The next Vermonts and West Virginias (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:14:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The next Vermonts and West Virginias (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The next Vermonts and West Virginias  (Read 19479 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 09, 2006, 11:27:03 PM »

We're talking about states here that go from overwhemlingly in support of one party to pretty solid for the other. 

I think New Hampshire is the next Vermont, but that's too easy.  For this, I guess you can make an argument for Colorado.  In the past, there was no winning here for the Dems (92 was an anomally, Dole still carried in 96, even with Perot helping Clinton) The developed areas are becoming very latte-liberal (Denver and Aspen especially).  The more conservative areas are pretty libertarian, and the Democrats are trending slightly that way.  I could see Colorado being like a New Jersey for the Dems pretty soon. 

Minnesota is the obvious choice on the other side, but something tells me a battleground is as far as they will trend to the GOP.  This is really a hard choice....the states that could be considered very democratic at any point  in the past 20 years (CA, HI, IL, MN, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT), really don't seem to be trending very far away from the Dems.  I think this whole thing (heavily dem states going to solid GOP) has already happened in the South. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies