Abolition of Forum Affairs Department Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Abolition of Forum Affairs Department Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abolition of Forum Affairs Department Bill  (Read 6423 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: January 11, 2006, 02:42:38 PM »

I liked to hear more debate on this, but my first thoughts is that for a long time SoFA's have told us that their job is very difficult, and this will definitely help make the job easier on them.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »

What's wrong with the current system of opening up an absentee voting booth a few days prior to the election? It seems much less of a hassle than emailing three people all of whom may not have their emails readily available to all Atlasians.

I don't know, unless someone has a good reason for that I will introduce an amendment to strike clause 3.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, it's two different positions:  Director of Federal Election and the head of the Census Bureau.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:54:39 AM »

I got an idea, why don't we make the DSoFA the in charge of the Census Bureau, and the SoFA keep up with the Federal elections.  It would accomplish the same goal (making the SoFA's job easier) but not make in extra positions.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »

I got an idea, why don't we make the DSoFA the in charge of the Census Bureau, and the SoFA keep up with the Federal elections.  It would accomplish the same goal (making the SoFA's job easier) but not make in extra positions.

With respect, that proposal is almost exactly the same as this one.

Exactly my point, except we don't need to change the constitution.  Instead, we just unofficially assign the duties to the SoFA and DSoFA.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

Joe, that is exactly why I support this bill, because it wouldn’t be any different than having the SoFA and DSoFA, except that they’d have to different tasks.  The one thing that would be better for us is that we wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of a Constitutional Amendment (but, like you said, Peter said something about not having to do that anyway,) or a bunch of Senators who don’t exactly seem to understand that we aren’t creating anymore jobs (no offense guys,) or have to rewrite any previous legislation (such as the Line of Succession Act.)  I still support this, I’m just wondering if this wouldn’t be an easier way.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »

However, what if we are faced with another Ilikeverin in the role of SoFA?

Impeachment, I presume.

1: Angry
2: Sure, you can just impeach him in the middle of the election, which is the only time you're gonna find out that he's incompetent (which, btw, ilikeverin was not,) and we'd be in chaos trying to appoint a new one.  I really don't see how that's gonna work.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »

Colin, I am in agreement with your post, except that the DSoFA shouldn't have a say in Regional election.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:32:28 PM »

could a senator please introduce the amendment I mentioned in my last post?  Please?!

I think Ebowed already changed it without any amendment, just look at the title of the thread.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »

Yup
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 11:25:56 AM »

Sorry, I thought I had already voted on this:

Abstain, FTR.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length