Impressive fundraising out of Michigan... And Im not talking about Stabenow.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:57:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Impressive fundraising out of Michigan... And Im not talking about Stabenow.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Impressive fundraising out of Michigan... And Im not talking about Stabenow.  (Read 1033 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »

This still remains as my 'sleeper race'.  A race that no one else is paying attention to, but has the potential to bring us an upset.

Bouchard raises $800,000 in final two months of 2005

Senate candidate Michael Bouchard said Tuesday he raised nearly $800,000 in the final two months of 2005 even though he entered the race months after his GOP opponents.

The Oakland County sheriff decided in February against running because of health reasons, but got into the race in late October after being asked by Republicans inside and outside of Michigan to run.

A spokeswoman for Bouchard said that his donations exceeded the amount raised by any other GOP U.S. Senate challenger in one quarter in 2005 nationwide.

"The outpouring of support from across Michigan since I entered the U.S. Senate race has been overwhelming and gives me more and more confidence as well as the momentum I will need to be successful on Election Day," he said. "While we have a long way to go to make Debbie Stabenow a one-term senator, we're definitely on the right track to make that happen."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 11:55:21 AM »

$800,000 is still nothing compared to what a Senate candidate needs, and what incumbents can raise.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:57:55 AM »

$800,000 is still nothing compared to what a Senate candidate needs, and what incumbents can raise.

True, but 800,000 in two months is really impressive. Lets see if it holds up. 

Stabenow currently has 6.8 million cash on hand.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:43:45 PM »

You could be right about a potentially close campaign.  Bouchard is doing better than Harris' fundraising in FL, and that was expected to be close.  Similarly, in Florida Nelson is not extremely popular as in Michigan, where Stabenow could have expected a tough battle against a good opponent.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »

Those are good numbers for two months.

I believe Claire McCaskill raised $700,000 in three weeks last time.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:47:53 PM »

Harris' fundraising in FL, and that was expected to be close.

Naw.  I don't think anyone really thought Harris was a credible candidate.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 03:08:06 PM »

I dunno I think the GOP expected her to rally Republicans at least.  She only wins 59% of them in her latest matchup with Nelson.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:28:46 PM »

Bouchard will make this race somewhat close, Stabenow isn't that popular or than unpopular here.  If he keeps raising money he could get 47% maybe it's kind of hard to tell right now.  The real race will be in 2008 if Levin retires, hopefully we will have Senator Candice Miller.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 07:29:39 AM »

Bouchard will make this race somewhat close, Stabenow isn't that popular or than unpopular here.  If he keeps raising money he could get 47% maybe it's kind of hard to tell right now.  The real race will be in 2008 if Levin retires, hopefully we will have Senator Candice Miller.

With Granholm rather unpopular and since most Dem House members in the state are quite a bit older than Levin (with the exception of Stupak, who, of course, is not a good ideological fit for statewide dems), who could Dems put up against Miller?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies