The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:26:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last  (Read 28858 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: May 17, 2004, 04:14:37 PM »

Fifty years ago today, our nation's highest court handed down a decision which to an oppressed people, was a clarion call of equal rights. Suddenly, the weight of injustice which had long strangled them under its imposing mass was beginning to be lifted.

Today, my home state has made another step forward for the equal rights of all of its citizens. For the first time in our nation's history, a state has extended the right to marry to all of its people, and has not confined them to a particular moral vision of a family. For the first time, they are free.

My soul is overjoyed. I have never before seen such an impressive step forward for civil rights. May this be the first step in a journey in which the walls of hatred that divide our country fall, once and for all.

Yes, especially since I read a story yesterday where a few of those who fought so hard for Brown vs BoE now regret their decision. People segregrate themselves naturally. We don't need to state forcing them apart.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 04:37:51 PM »

I cannot oppose the personal choice to marry more than one person.

Do you have any moral boundries at all?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »

Huzzah my great country, for we have increased freedom Smiley

We have increased freedom at the cost of personal morality. Their is such a thing as to much freedom.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »

Argh!  What the hell is so immoral about to grown, consenting adults getting married?!  Stop believing in "how it was meant to be" and more on what people want to do with their own lives.  All I see when I see gay marriages happen is happy people.  Yet, our president finds it "disturbing"?  You republicans loved shouting about freedom so much when you were justifying the war.  But now, freedom is immoral and wrong!?  Make up your mind!  

Maybe he sees' it as I do a threat to our national interest. On a family and personal level?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 08:19:36 PM »

What will become of family values now?

Here is where they will go :

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 08:30:44 PM »

I would respond to that by saying that the change in societal mores has removed a great deal of stigma from the practice of bearing children out of the confines of matrimony. Therefore, the once clear relationship between marriage and reproduction does not exist any longer, and the concept of fertility within certain constraints is no longer a legitimate goal that the state may advance without maligning a broadened concept of equal protection.

Maybe in Cambridge, Mass. but not in Dothan, Alabama or Perry, Florida. I'm sorry but what you think is good for Mass. is not always good for the South. Once again your people are NOT and I repeat NOT by any stretch superior to southerners.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 08:45:35 PM »

I'd have to study such relationships on a case by case basis to answer correctly, Brambila.

So you are saying if a 10 year old boy wants to have a sexual relationship with a 30 year old man that would be acceptable? Sick.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 09:38:04 PM »

That's just sheer stupidity and beyond the realm of reality.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 09:46:24 PM »

May I ask if you've ever entertained the question of the implications of laws criminalizing polygamy with regard to liberty? And please, your rude comments as to the putative intelligence of my writings are unwarranted. Defend what you believe, don't insult.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Not between a man and a man or a woman/woman or 5 men and 5 women. If we are going to do that abolish marriage completely.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 10:02:34 PM »

Tradition, history and the law.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 10:30:38 PM »

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

In Migrendels world this is how it would be..

If you are 15 you can have sex with anyone you want no matter what. If your parents are against it or stop you they can be arrested for violation of a childs "constitutional rights". If a 15 year old gets pregnant as a result of screwing around they can have an abortion w/out consent or knowledge of a parent. Then when she is ready she can marry 2-10 different men depending on her choice. She then can have as many children as she wants and never see them because she is using her right to go out and work and spend absolutely no time with her children because that would mess with their right to think for themselves and be independent. Then when the child acts out and puts her mother in the hospital the mother would have no right to spank her because that would be violation of a childs "rights".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 10:31:25 PM »

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

Then have a big sex party!! haha just joking.. I tell you why we need it. Because it keeps order. With out morality, people would go around killing people. They would would be like Iraq was on a bad day. I don't care who is gay or not. Gay people don't need to get marriaged! If they want to get marriaged well then they are SOL.

Are you sure this isn't PD?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 10:48:17 PM »

This is what Josh sounds like :

I HATE GUY PEOPLE
BUT I PRAY FOR THEM
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 10:58:05 PM »

I doubt they're wild about your actions either...

I don't hate them, I hate their actions.
and do I care?

I HATE GUY PEOPLE
BUT I PRAY FOR THEM
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 12:59:07 AM »

From StatesRights:

If you are 15 you can have sex with anyone you want
 no matter what. If your parents are against it or stop you they can be arrested for violation of a childs "constitutional rights". If a 15 year old gets pregnant as a result of screwing around they can have an abortion w/out consent or knowledge of a parent. Then when she is ready she can marry 2-10 different men depending on her choice. She then can have as many children as she wants and never see them because she is using her right to go out and work and spend absolutely no time with her children because that would mess with their right to think for themselves and be independent. Then when the child acts out and puts her mother in the hospital the mother would have no right to spank her because that would be violation of a childs "rights".

Well, StatesRights, if you change 15 to 14 in the age of consent section that's about it.

And, John Ford, births in wedlock are growing less common and frankly, I don't see the moral difference.

Migrendel. A serious question for you. If we find out that their is a gene that makes people gay and doctors recommended that women get abortions w/babies with such defects would you find that acceptable? If this list were diseases or defects such as downs, spinal bifada <sp> or homosexuality? A serious question.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 01:10:31 AM »

Even from you, StatesRights, I cannot believe such a question.

The Medical profession does not, in this day and age, reccomend abortion for any defect of the child, real or imagined.

Wrong. When my wife was pregnant we had a AFP test run and they said their was a higher risk then average of our baby being born with Downs Syndrome. Abortion was recommended as one option and I almost hit the doctor.  Thank God everything is ok and I have a perfectly healthy daughter.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 01:11:18 AM »

That is SICK! Homosexual is not something that 'ruins the quality of life' of any individual, why would a mother choose to abort it!!! Besides...they cant test for that yet and by saying that it is a possibility means you now accept that homosexuals are simply born that way. Well done.

I never said it was a genetic or from birth. It's one possibility but I don't really buy it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 11:49:22 AM »

How do you seperate the men from boys in Greece?

With a crowbar!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies