The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:26:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last  (Read 28871 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: May 17, 2004, 10:23:42 PM »

Nothing good can come from Mass.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:29:55 PM »

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

Then have a big sex party!! haha just joking.. I tell you why we need it. Because it keeps order. With out morality, people would go around killing people. They would would be like Iraq was on a bad day. I don't care who is gay or not. Gay people don't need to get marriaged! If they want to get marriaged well then they are SOL.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

Then have a big sex party!! haha just joking.. I tell you why we need it. Because it keeps order. With out morality, people would go around killing people. They would would be like Iraq was on a bad day. I don't care who is gay or not. Gay people don't need to get marriaged! If they want to get marriaged well then they are SOL.

Are you sure this isn't PD?

No i am josh.. from north carolina I don't even know who PD is!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:39:22 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2004, 10:41:21 PM by Josh22 »

There is a difference between universal moral principles, like acting such that you do not harm others, and moral laws dictated only by specific religions.

Pres. Bush trying to outlaw gay marriage is no more acceptable to a free society than Pres. Kerry trying to outlaw eating meat on Fridays during Lent.

Well I can care less about gay people. They are going to hell because they are gay and that is it. They don't need to be srewing up our nation, just because they want  some stupid  paper saying they are a married.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:43:01 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like our ol' PD.

Dude, get a life.  You realize you sound almost as extreme as Migrendel?  Perhaps more so - and he's talking about lowering the age of consent to 12!

There is a difference between universal moral principles, like acting such that you do not harm others, and moral laws dictated only by specific religions.

Pres. Bush trying to outlaw gay marriage is no more acceptable to a free society than Pres. Kerry trying to outlaw eating meat on Fridays during Lent.

Well I can care less about gay people. They are going to hell because they are gay and that is it. They don't need to be srewing up our nation, just because they want  some stupid  paper saying they are a marriage.

Once again Im not PD. Also I do have a life. I am just very sick to death of them gay people yelling there stupid heads off.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 10:49:33 PM »

I don't hate them, I hate their actions.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 10:56:50 PM »

I doubt they're wild about your actions either...

I don't hate them, I hate their actions.
and do I care?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 11:00:13 PM »

TROLL haha just picking.  StatesRight I am not a troll. I did not take over your party.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 11:09:49 PM »

I'd like to see that.

Me too.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 06:16:06 PM »

Here is the prblem with gay marriage.  But declaring that marraige is to be between any two people who love each other, and that the primary purpose of marriage is to give state sanction to love, we break the traditional link between marriage and child-rearing.  By seperating the two, we make out-of-wedlock childbirth more acceptable, we make divorce in marriages taht have children more acceptable, and we will therefore increase the rate of single parents in America.  This is not wild specualtion either, there is empirical evidence from Scandanavia of this very phenomenon.

What people need to realize is that it isn't always just about letting people be "happy" or "free", or about us being "accepting" or "tolerant".  Part of what needs to be considered is the actual societal impact of changing the nation's laws.  The law signifies what is and isn't accepted by society, and by changing the law, we change social norms.  Changing this particular social norm would be very harmful.

Legalizing gay marriage may change social norms in a positive way--it could emphasize the egalitarian aspect of marriage.

Hmm how? Ones we have gay marriages then we have 3 people in one marriage. Then before you know it people would just forget marriage!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 07:01:10 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2004, 07:01:38 PM by Josh22 »

So are you saying that women sould rule the house? or both man and women should rule the house?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 09:46:46 PM »

The second one. Sorry if that was unclear.
Yea me too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies