The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:33:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last  (Read 28875 times)
English

« on: May 18, 2004, 09:51:21 AM »

Personally I couldn't care less whether it's called marriage or not. I am a not a christian, therefore it would be wrong of me to tell the church what or what not to do.
However I would say this, I think a couple whether gay or straight has a RIGHT to have their partnership recognised by the STATE for reasons of tax, inheritance etc.
I am in favour of civil unions at least, simply because it's unfair if two people live together in a loving relationship and one dies, their partner is not entitled to anything. They can even be made homeless. Now that is WRONG. However you feel about the religious side, you must admit, that is very unfair. Straight unmarried couples are in the same position. I couldn't care less whether the church recognises it, however the state definately should.
The next of kin laws in these cases are ridiculous. the partner should be the next of kin.
English

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 10:37:56 AM »

Just ignore Josh22, he's a troll.

It's probably PD under a different guise.
English

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 10:52:20 AM »

How about all the legal rights/benifits/etc that goes with marriage without using the word?

Yes, that's sort of what I meant! Why get rapped up with religious dogma?
I don't have a problem with the church's opposition, however I DO object to the states refusal to grant legal recognition to non-married couples (gay or straight). Total separation of Church and State!
English

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 10:54:43 AM »

How about all the legal rights/benifits/etc that goes with marriage without using the word?
How about marriage without all the legal rights/benefits/etc that currently go with it? For everybody, that is.
Down with pointless subsidies!

PS Josh is not PD. PD had no sense of humor and would have felt attacked even by my little "I'd like to see that" post. Really I'm quite glad that child isn't around anymore.

Josh22 obviously existed as a previous entity, look at the number of posts. If PD no longer exists as a member it must be him.
English

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 11:18:36 AM »

Agree completely!
English

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 12:03:42 PM »

What d'ya mean?
How could I be considered a troll?
English

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:37:19 AM »

Too much is made of this issue in my opinion.
There are far more important things to worry about.
Why not just legalise civil unions and have done with it. Let those who want to marry, for marriage sakes let them fight with the church about it.
English

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 05:28:10 PM »

A child should definately not be aborted for being gay, that's disgraceful. Abortion should be outlawed except for serious medical reasons or rape.
English

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 05:15:02 AM »

It is a fact that sexuality is not black and white, not in humans or anyother species. They are various shades of grey. 80% of sexuality is genetic, the rest is due to environment. This is why occassionally people will experiment and indeed in many Arab countries this is common place as a way of getting experience. Islam forbids sex outside of marriage.
English

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 04:21:27 AM »

I'm not sure homosexuality is anymore common in Arab nations or Greece for that matter, however homosexual sex is. Most men in places like Morocco & Egypt do not get married until their 30's, therefore it is the only way of gaining experience and/or relieving urges. I'm sure most of these men are not entirely straight however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies