Republicans Only
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:39:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Republicans Only
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: With which organization do you more strongly associate yourself?
Republican Liberty Caucus

Republican Main Street Partnership

National Federation of Republican Assemblies

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Republicans Only  (Read 1433 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2006, 09:32:44 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2006, 04:32:31 PM by Frodo »

Republican Leadership Caucus

The Republican Liberty Caucus is a political organization dedicated to electing and supporting what they call "liberty-minded, limited-government individuals" within the Republican Party. It can be considered the "libertarian" wing of the Republican Party. It also operates a political action committee.

The RLC, founded by former Libertarian Party member and Ron Paul staffer Eric Dondero Rittberg in 1990, is a nationwide organization which claims members in every state.

The RLC supports free enterprise, personal freedom, and protecting individual rights.

Republican Main Street Partnership

The November 1994 mid-term elections were commonly referred to as the "Republican Revolution." Given the great gains made by Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, a group of moderate House Republicans began informal meetings to discuss ways to further a centrist, pragmatic Republican agenda-- one that could accommodate bipartisan legislative results. At that time, there was great concern that a dramatic shift to the right was quickly approaching, given the new congressional leadership. The discussion group began to craft a moderate Republican agenda with a fiscally conservative background.

What began as a congressional discussion group started by Reps. Nancy Johnson, Steve Gunderson and Fred Upton has evolved into a national gathering of leaders from government, business and education who share a commitment to conservative, pragmatic approaches to business in a global context; to compassion in our communities and character in our national leaders.

Many of the original participants are now leaders of Main Street. The Chairman of the Board is John "Jock" McKernan, a former member of Congress, and two-term Governor of Maine. An original founder of the Partnership is former Rep. Amo Houghton of New York, who is the only former corporate CEO of a Fortune 500 company to have served in the House of Representatives. The other members of the Board of Directors can be found here

Addressing a broad spectrum of issues, the Partnership reaches out to disenfranchised Republicans-- people who are distressed by the stridency too-often associated with the Party, and to others attracted by a thoughtful, centrist approach to Republican politics. The Partnership demonstrates inclusion, respect, reason and compassion.

In the words of Gov. McKernan, the message of the Partnership is "one of quiet diplomacy, rather than wedge politics."

National Federation of Republican Assemblies

The NFRA has a 70 year history of success as a grassroots organization. Originally established by the California Republican Assembly, it is our nation's oldest and largest Republican volunteer organization. President Reagan said that the Republican Assembly is, "The Conscience of the Republican Party." The NFRA is the national umbrella organization for all of the nationwide state Republican Assembly organizations.

The NFRA is dedicated to working within the Republican Party to promote the active participation of our members toward the endorsement, support, and election, of principled conservative Republican candidates.

Their beliefs include the following, from their website:

That all political power and influence should flow from the grass roots upward.

That all human rights are granted by God, not government and that government exists primarily to protect the God-given rights of its citizens.

That the Constitution was written by wise men under the inspiration of God and that the original intent of the Founders is as valid and binding today as it was in their day.

That the Constitution was written to govern a moral and religious people and it is being destroyed by those who are neither.

That the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. That sacred right extends to all persons regardless of age or infirmity and also would not allow for euthanasia, assisted suicide, or public funding for any of these practices.

That the traditional family is the foundation and cornerstone of our society and we will oppose any attempt to undermine or redefine the family unit.

That the founders never intended to separate God from government but did intend to prevent government from establishing a single state religion or inhibiting the citizen's right to the free exercise of religion in any setting, public or private.

That free market capitalism is the only economic system that creates the opportunities and incentives that will allow maximum productivity and prosperity for its citizens. It is the necessary partner of political freedom.

In the necessity of national sovereignty, we also consider it crucial to return to appropriate state sovereignty under the 10th amendment.

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »

I don't really associate with any of these, but if I had to pick one, I suppose RLC.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 09:38:32 PM »

The Main Street Partnership
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »

Main Street, of course.  I used to be an RLC member but quit when they endorsed McClintock over Arnold.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »

It's not that I acctually disagree with anything that the NFRA says, I just don't think a lot of those things should be national policy, and I do not liek the degree to which a number of their members follow that code.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:29 PM »

None really. Maybe Main Street if pushed.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 06:53:01 AM »

The GOP is far more homogenous than the Democratic Party - hence these distinctions hold little meaning.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 01:33:49 PM »

Somewhere between Main Street and the NFRA

Rin-chan
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »

Probably NFRA.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

None really. Maybe Main Street if pushed.

Alright... switch y'alls answers and you would be correct Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »

Wrong. The first italicized point I disagree with. Power should flow from the leadership.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 10:44:33 PM »

I don't really associate with any of these, but if I had to pick one, I suppose RLC.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »

Ron Paul is the only libertarian worth mentioning in the Republican party. If I was to run 434 Democrats for Congress, I'd skip his seat.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 09:38:19 AM »

Ron Paul is the only libertarian worth mentioning in the Republican party. If I was to run 434 Democrats for Congress, I'd skip his seat.

I wouldn't give Paul a free pass but then I'm not a libertarian

Dave

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »

Somewhere between the RLC and Main Street.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies