What are you listening to right now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are you listening to right now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 870802 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:55:04 PM »

Andy William's version of "Moon River"

Well, that just ended.  Now it's "Rubber Band Man"  That's a funky old 70s tune.  Any of you old enough to remember disco?  Probably not.

I think Men Without Hats "Safety Dance" is queued up next.  Then "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynnyrd Skynnyrd.  Then Mozart's Pachelbel Canon in D major.  By then I'll be wanting to do something else besides sit here and post, so that'll probably conclude today's selection of musical entertainment.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:03:58 AM »

Boondocks.  Man, it's hilarious tonight.  you getting this?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »

Sweet Black Pussy by DJ Quick

"DJ Quick is the muthafukkin house!...

...black pussy.  always talkin' 'bout it 'cause I love it..."

good song.  low, heady rythm.  Head bobbing, foot stomping music.  lots of scratching.  Kind of nasty, but catchy.

Now it's "veronica" by Elvis Costello.  Another great tune.  Before DJ quick it was The Beatles' "Lady Madonna"  After Elvis Costello I have Jimmy Buffet's "Changes in Latitude" queued.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:40 AM »

an episode of Scooby Doo is playing in the background, and I'm sort of watching/listening to it.  Lousy day in southern ontario today.  Rainy with a high of maybe 75.  So I'm hanging out with my nephew who's 6 and watching mindless programming.  I must say I haven't watched this show since probably 1974.  It seems the same yet very very different.  Daphne is still sexy and has a crush on Freddy.  Thelma is still nerdy.  Shaggy is still something of a beatnik.  You can almost smell his funk through the screen.  But now the Mystery Machine has a global positioning system.  Seriously.  I can't decide what's more weird, the gps or hearing Freddy use the phrase "the national snowboarding commission"  But still they're solving crimes and getting in the way.  Except that cell phones and personal data assistants are used by the culprits.  Today's bad guy wanted to scare folks out a ski resort so he could take it over and turn it into a mine and make lots of money.  Scooby still sounds like a dog/man on meth.  Plus ça change, plus ce la même chose, n'est-ce pas?   
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »

ah, jeez.  yeah, velma, not thelma.  thelma's the chick from fried green tomatoes who is "older and has better insurance than you"  Velma may be gay.  I guess I never figured her for butch, but who knows.  Shaggy's definitely high all the time.  Apparently the newer episodes are a bit edgier.  They actually make a bit more of the behind-the-scenes affair between Fred and Daphne.  And Shaggy calls Freddy Fred all the time now.  Like Fred's idea of a good time is hanging out in a snow-covered van with binoculars all night.  Like I knew you were gonna say that Fred.  Like can we stop for pancakes Fred?  When I was six he was always Freddy.  Like Freddy, do you think Velma's into me?  Because sometimes I think she's a dyke, but then she's always suggesting you and daphne go off together and leave us alone.  Like I'm gettting these mixed signals from her, Freddy. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:03:39 AM »

I was listening to my favorite song, Andrea Bocelli's "Time to say goodbye" till I got all pissed off at the profusion of anti-Walmart hysteria.  I'm sure I'll get over it though, and go back to belting out operatic verses in Italian and making my neighbors think I'm a total weirdo.  (as if the freqent placement of walmart bags in the dumpster isn't enough to make them think I'm a total weirdo already.)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 10:30:08 AM »

y'all listen up here's the story about a little guy that lives in a blue world and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue like him

okay, the grammar's atrocious.  I don't think "hisself" is even a word.  but it's a cute song.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2008, 01:57:24 PM by angus »

Grupo Galé   "homenaje"

(salsa romántica de Columbia)

Now they're doing Adalberto Santiago "La Noche"

I guess I got stuck on latinocaribbean pop lately.  It's very festive, but hard to get any work done.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »

"The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (in C-sharp harmonic minor)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »

DJ Siran Tamil on internet radio.  Indian disco music, I think.

I can't understand the lyrics, but I like the beat.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

Edelweiss, in C-major.  Before that, Popeye the Sailor Man.  Before that, Cruncy Flakes. 

The boy got his cast off today.  4 weeks.  Finally.  And the orthopedist said to have him start playing baseball, piano, soccer, running, swimming, whatever.  So after I picked him up from school today, he and I rode our bicycles around the block.  Then he came in and played for me for about 20 minutes.  He's getting a little tired, though, so I'll let him go downstairs and watch Curious George after he finishes this.

A few sour notes.  A bit wobbly.  But overall he seems to be picking it up quickly. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »

My son is mastering Taio Cruz "light it up, like it's dynamite" on piano.  He has the first sixteen measures, or so, down by now.  very nice. 

In two months there will be a piano recital.  His teacher wants him to play a bit of the fourth movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony, so I've been listening to that quite a bit lately as well.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »

La Cinquantaine (first 32 measures), rendered by my son on piano, followed by a bit of Brahm's "Lullaby"

This is how I get him to practice.  If he plays for me while I surf the 'net, then I let him surf a bit when he's finished.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies