Rasmussen: Beebe leads Hutchinson by 6% in Arkansas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Beebe leads Hutchinson by 6% in Arkansas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Beebe leads Hutchinson by 6% in Arkansas  (Read 7170 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/January%202006/Arkansas%20Governor%20January%2015.htm

Mike Beebe        46%
Asa Hutchinson  40%
MissCatholic

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 10:32:17 AM »

Iread this a couple of hours ago. Isnt it great?

If you needed any proof that rasmussen is a republcian nut who follows trends rather than do his own work then this is it. Its like they are disappointed that beebe leads. but when steele leads its GOP Maryland Gains but the numbers are virtually the same.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »

Iread this a couple of hours ago. Isnt it great?

If you needed any proof that rasmussen is a republcian nut who follows trends rather than do his own work then this is it. Its like they are disappointed that beebe leads. but when steele leads its GOP Maryland Gains but the numbers are virtually the same.

You're somewhat right. Scott Rasmussen is a registered Republican whose analysis tends to be Republican-biased.

However, he has proven to be one of the most reliable pollsters around. I still think that Maryland poll released last week was way off, though.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 12:04:48 PM »

Still we know that a Beebe lead of 6 in Arkansas is more likely than a Steele lead of 5 in Maryland.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »

Still we know that a Beebe lead of 6 in Arkansas is more likely than a Steele lead of 5 in Maryland.

The last two polls on this race (one was an earlier Rasmussen poll) both had Beebe up by a similar margin.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »

Excellent Beebe is turning out to be a far more credible and competitive candidate than a lot of people initially gave him credit for, once the campaign really gets started in the summer and fall I think this contest will remain very tight and with any luck Beebe will be sufficiently secure by then so that Huckabee’s efforts don’t have to much of an effect.   
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:43:25 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2006, 03:47:01 PM by Q »

I really don't trust a poll that lists Beebe and Hutchinson as candidates for Maryland Senator.  What little credibility Rasmussen had with me is now eliminated.  If they can't get the state and office right, how possibly can their numbers be accurate?  Perhaps that explains their strange Maryland results, actually; they could have just reversed the numbers in their sloppiness.

EDIT: Looking through the Rasmussen site, there are TONS of errors, both typos, mis-labeling of races, misleading statements, and statements that are just wrong.  I'm no longer giving these people any credence.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »

I really don't trust a poll that lists Beebe and Hutchinson as candidates for Maryland Senator.

Good catch!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »

I really don't trust a poll that lists Beebe and Hutchinson as candidates for Maryland Senator.

Hahaha, I never even noticed that.

Interesting.
RBH

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 05:23:06 PM »

Bush's job approval in Arkansas is 38% (according to Survey USA).

I think that Arkansas has grown sick of Bush. Asa Hutchinson's only real experience in a leadership position was working for George W. Bush.

For reference: The last SUSA survey had 90% of Arkansas Democrats disapproving of Bush's job performance, compared to 7% of Arkansas Democrats approving of Bush's job performance. In Massachusetts, the breakdown is 88/9 disapprove amongst Massachusetts Democrats.

In conclusion: Arkansas Democrats dislike Bush even more than Massachusetts Democrats.

So yes, Mike Beebe v. Asa Hutchinson shall be an interesting race.

But I'm going to guess that Beebe has the upper hand.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »

To be fair, Hutchinson is an experienced politician and would probably not do a poor job as Governor of Arkansas.  However, Beebe will have a definite edge as the state has had a Republican Governor since 1994.  Who is Lieutenant Governor and why are they not a candidate for either party nomination?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:32 PM »

Who is Lieutenant Governor and why are they not a candidate for either party nomination?

Win Rockefeller was pursuing the Republican nomination but withdrew from the race after he was diagnosed with cancer.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 12:43:55 AM »

For reference: The last SUSA survey had 90% of Arkansas Democrats disapproving of Bush's job performance, compared to 7% of Arkansas Democrats approving of Bush's job performance. In Massachusetts, the breakdown is 88/9 disapprove amongst Massachusetts Democrats.

In conclusion: Arkansas Democrats dislike Bush even more than Massachusetts Democrats.

perhaps because a large number of arkansas democrats tend to be black?

a large number of massachusetts democrats tend to be catholic and blue collar...two groups bush has done well with over his term.
RBH

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 12:55:57 AM »

a large number of massachusetts democrats tend to be catholic and blue collar...two groups bush has done well with over his term.

Actually, Arkansas Democrats went 82/18 for Kerry.

And the African-American population of Arkansas isn't really that large.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 03:47:04 AM »

However, he has proven to be one of the most reliable pollsters around.

You must have sat out 2000.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 03:49:31 AM »

However, he has proven to be one of the most reliable pollsters around.

You must have sat out 2000.

Or, perhaps he was paying attention in 2004.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »

What were his polls for 2000 like?  Shame about Rockefeller I hope he soon recovers.  Maybe he can run in 2010 if Beebe does win or run for the Senate in that year or 2008.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »

What were his polls for 2000 like?  Shame about Rockefeller I hope he soon recovers.  Maybe he can run in 2010 if Beebe does win or run for the Senate in that year or 2008.

Waste if time for anyone to challenge Pryor or Lincoln... hell Pryor won in 2002 against an incumbent! (Dems forget about that win). 
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 12:16:50 PM »

Waste if time for anyone to challenge Pryor or Lincoln... hell Pryor won in 2002 against an incumbent! (Dems forget about that win). 
They sure do.  Arkansas has always been ripe for the picking.  It would obviously be easier to win Arkansas in a national election than Florida.  Except for that NW corner, the state is Dems.--if they want it.  It also doesn't look to be losing EV's--at least in the next 30 years.  This is one of the few states in the entire country where a Democrat can win a majority of whites...and they don't have to be bigots to do it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 12:21:18 PM »

Less than elsewhere in the South. AR is easily the state with the largest remaining White Religious Democrat vote.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »

Interesting analysis.  Could Kerry have carried it in 2004 with persistent targeting?  I see what you mean as the Democrats seem to have a strong base here, stronger than in some Northern states which still voted for Kerry.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 04:09:05 PM »

Interesting analysis.  Could Kerry have carried it in 2004 with persistent targeting?  I see what you mean as the Democrats seem to have a strong base here, stronger than in some Northern states which still voted for Kerry.
I think yes ... the question is, would it have been worth the expense? I think no.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »

Rasmussen blew up in 2000, over-sampling Republicans, I think it was and predicting a Bush win by 6% or something like that.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »

Going into Election 2000, Rasmussen Reports credited twelve states to Gore-Lieberman.

Yes, twelve.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »

Hutchinson just doesn't have a lot of appeal outside of Northwest Arkansas, which he represented for his time in Congress.  Win Rockefeller would have been, but Asa Hutchinson isn't.

Also, I just got an email from the Arkansas Democratic Party that Bill Halter, a former Clinton administration official, is going to challenge Beebe in the primary.

He's set up a website: billhalter.com

I hope they both run a pretty clean campaign, I don't our side to get hurt by a primary battle.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies