President Forever Primaries Update!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:25:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever Primaries Update!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: President Forever Primaries Update!!  (Read 20318 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »

I've decided I don't think the game is really very good.  All the candidates are aged 50 and they've not given us the option of choosing new candidates; for the Democrats where are Al Gore, Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh?  For the Republicans where is Condoleeza Rice or Mike Huckabee?  Also, the way the funds are doled out in the national races you can advertise for as long as you want in any state and make it competetive, i.e. Democrat could win Utah and a Republican New York.  I never liked dynamism but now its not even an option in the game, its already incorporated in it.  Plus I can't save games and then go back to them. 

I agree 100%.  To pile on more things that make this game disappointing:

1) No candidate editor.  What the Hell?  You can't even edit candidates in the script, because it automatically boots you out of the page if you try to edit it.

2) I finally got to the general election last night be simply removing McCain... even then I only got about 1400 delegates... barely enough to win.  Anyway I got to the News paper endorsements and... only two of the ones from PA were named anything but "Pennsylvania --------".  The Philadelphia Inquirer has its proper name, as does the Allentown Morning Call... what are those the only two papers in the state that matter?  Thing is, I know what papers they were trying simulate... the "Pennsylvania Post-Gazette" is obviously the Pittsburgh Post Gazette... the "Pennsvlvania Centre Daily Times" is suppost to just be "The Centre Daily Times"... the "Pennsylvania Times" is supposed to be the "Erie Times".  Then when I tried to change it... of course, you can't.

3) As Rudy, I obviously didn't contest in Utah, Alabama and most of my opponents home states... so what happens when I get out?  I am down sizable margins in states that Republcians never lose... and to Hillary Clinton no less.  Also, by the time I get out of the primaries, the are NO undecided voters.  Highly unrealistic.

Anyway... Steelers game is starting so I'll end this, but I could go on.

The whole game just reaks of a total disregard for quality and a lack preperation that I have come to expect from the continue set backs and disappointments that went into the creation of this game.

Did I mention that I am disappointed?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »

ok, so I bought the original President4Ever and I think also PM4Ever (Australia, although it may have been Canada). Since then, whilst I was away, our other computer went crazy and *everything* on it was deleted-including, of course, the games. Is there any way I can re-download the original games, and will the primaries be offered to those who bought the original game as an update, as originally promised?

ilv?

Try emailing 80soft; they might ask you to provide some information you used to purchase the games with, and when you provide it they'll send a link.  PF+F comes as a standalone, but the game costs less for previous users.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2006, 09:41:38 PM by Gabu »

Has anyone researched five scandals without releasing any of them?  The game kind of, uh, bugs out when you do.  I can't believe they didn't catch that one.

I had to restart the game because it was impossible to do anything after that point.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »

Has anyone researched five scandals without releasing any of them?  The game kind of, uh, bugs out when you do.  I can't believe they didn't catch that one.

I had to restart the game because it was impossible to do anything after that point.

The game has been bugging for me after researchng one scandal... if I research it, then leave it on hold for even a couple of turns, I get an error msg upon trying to release it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 10:07:39 PM »

The game has been bugging for me after researchng one scandal... if I research it, then leave it on hold for even a couple of turns, I get an error msg upon trying to release it.

Can you do anything besides releasing that scandal?  When I did what I described, every single action in the game gave me an error message and didn't work (including closing it - I had to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of it).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 10:33:45 PM »

What the heck, this game is cheap.  Every single time when the Democratic primary is whittled down to two contenders, Clinton is overwhelmingly abandoned and the second-place contender wins.  Then I finally managed to come in second place and everyone gave their support to Clinton.

Bastards.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 11:51:14 PM »

I HATE YOU SO MUCH HILLARY CLINTON
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 12:18:24 AM »

Can you do anything besides releasing that scandal?  When I did what I described, every single action in the game gave me an error message and didn't work (including closing it - I had to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of it).

Yeah... I can do other things just not release the scandal
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »

I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on the worst AI in the history of political games.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on the worst AI in the history of political games.

Ya... Sad

Well the primaries are pretty cool.  But the general eelction following is EXTREMELY stupid.  If you focus on one state one turn then you lose 10 pts in Massachusetts the next turn while randomly gaining 15 pts in Wyoming.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

Well the primaries are pretty cool.  But the general eelction following is EXTREMELY stupid.  If you focus on one state one turn then you lose 10 pts in Massachusetts the next turn while randomly gaining 15 pts in Wyoming.

I haven't even made it to the general election once yet. Tongue
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 06:50:32 AM »

I haven't even made it to the general election once yet. Tongue

I did when I removed Clinton from the Democratic field Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:42 PM »

Anyone figure out how to add candidates to P4E+P?

Gabu?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »

This game is pretty bad.  Mine keeps crashing randomly.  And it would be pretty cool if it were actually possible to win without taking all the other candidates out of the primaries...and if the bugs were out of the picture.  I realize tons of games have bugs but why couldn't they have waited to release the thing and just take care of the friggin bugs!!!!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

This game is pretty bad.  Mine keeps crashing randomly.  And it would be pretty cool if it were actually possible to win without taking all the other candidates out of the primaries...and if the bugs were out of the picture.  I realize tons of games have bugs but why couldn't they have waited to release the thing and just take care of the friggin bugs!!!!

I think they really rushed this into delivery since they were so behind schedule to begin with. I might buy it once they actually fix the bugs by about version 5 or so.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »

I think they really rushed this into delivery since they were so behind schedule to begin with. I might buy it once they actually fix the bugs by about version 5 or so.

Yeah, when I bought it, I was kind of expecting something more finished, not something that randomly becomes unplayable when you do something they didn't account for.

Anyone figure out how to add candidates to P4E+P?

Gabu?

What are you looking at me for?  I break the game mechanics, not the programming itself. Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »

The upgrades have fixed it somewhat apparently.  I haven't had much of a chance to play it though, to test Smiley
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »

Incidentally, ILV, Trinity is a great school.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 10:26:58 PM »

Incidentally, ILV, Trinity is a great school.

Well all those schools are good except BU which is aieet.

I loved Amherst when I visited. Beautiful campus and great buildings. They have cherry wood floors in their dorms. I rest my case.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 01:59:51 AM »

Okay, what the hell?  I downloaded an "update" for this game when it prompted me to do so, and now that said update was installed, PF+P simply crashes upon starting a new game every time.  This is getting ridiculous.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 06:59:44 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2006, 07:02:15 AM by Old Europe »

After having toyed around a while with the demo version yesterday, it seems to me that the point of the Democratic primaries is to run as one of the Hillary challengers and to be at least successful enough in order to be accepted by her as the VP candidate.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »

Okay, what the hell?  I downloaded an "update" for this game when it prompted me to do so, and now that said update was installed, PF+P simply crashes upon starting a new game every time.  This is getting ridiculous.

That's odd.  I haven't had any problems with updates, other than that it constantly pesters me to download updates that I already have Wink

Try posting a screenshot of your error on the 80soft forums, along with an explanation.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »

Okay, I really, really must ask: what determines who candidates endorse when a majority of delegates is not reached?  Every single time, I come in first as Warner, but fail to reach a majority of delegates, and then every single other candidate pledges his delegates to Clinton so she wins.  Then this one time I decided to play as Clinton, I came in first without a majority of the delegates, and everyone promptly pledges their support to the guy who came in second for the first time ever.

This game seems to be ridiculously stacked against the player.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2006, 10:32:23 PM »

I think it's candidate relations.  Computer candidates always seem to have bizzarely high relationships with each other.

Then again once as Kucinich I never said anything negative at all about anyone and most of the delegates still gave their votes away to others Grin
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2006, 10:41:05 PM »

I think it's candidate relations.  Computer candidates always seem to have bizzarely high relationships with each other.

Then again once as Kucinich I never said anything negative at all about anyone and most of the delegates still gave their votes away to others Grin

No, I don't think it has anything to do with candidate relations, or at least that isn't the biggest factor.  I know this because I had better relations than Clinton with every single candidate save John Edwards at the time of the convention, but all of them pledged their delegates to Clinton.  I also suspect that it's stacked against the player because the time that I played as Clinton, everything was basically exactly the same as it was before, but everyone then magically decided that they liked the other guy all of a sudden.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies