Opinion of Al Gore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Al Gore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF or HP
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Opinion of Al Gore  (Read 3628 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »

I like Al Gore. Politically he's different from me, but he is a man of substance and I wanted him to win in 2000. But loosing in the way he did could seriously affect a mans rationality for a time. Just imagine the sheer anger he must have felt, whether or not he believe the election was 'stolen' or not. He now assumes the mantle of 'elder statesman' for the Democrats (as Clinton has absorbed himself in charity work) and seems more at ease with himself.

Really?  My impression has been that he has gotten crazier with time.

I don't think he's crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had gone crazy. After all, considering the current state of affairs in the world and the strength of the U.S., he's arguably the biggest loser in the history of mankind. Not even Napoleon or Hitler can claim to have lost so much power in the whirl of a few hanging chads, and Hitler committed suicide. At least give the man credit for not doing that.

Besides, can you really say a completely sane man would order a risky illegal break-in into the opposing party's Watergate headquarters even though he has a landslide lead in the polls, simply to learn something about their campaign strategy perhaps? No, Nixon went a little crazy after 1960 too, I bet.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 09:29:34 AM »

If Gore has gone crazy, give him a little bit of a break. He came within 538 votes, or 1 very important vote, some would argue, of becoming the most powerful man in the world, something he had worked his whole life more. Moreso than Bush or Clinton, he was a career politician, and losing the Presidency in such a heart-wrenching fashion probably hurt him more than most candidates in recent memory. There also is a school of thought that Bush, by going into Iraq and getting us into a huge budget deficit, has hurt the country in ways that will continue to be felt long after his administration ends. If Gore believes that, coupled with the fact he was so damn close to becoming President instead of Bush, I would understand if he became crazy. That would drive most of us crazy. 
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 09:35:05 AM »

When I met him five years ago, he was very nice, courteous, and cooperative. Unlike Rick Santorum, George W. Bush, or Dick Cheney, who all refused to see us (It was our history class asking for an interview for the school paper, and all of those whom we interviewed including Joe Lieberman, and Arlen Specter). Gore took the time to see the five of us, and I couldn't have asked for more from him, unlike Bush or Santorum, etc. who outright refused to see us.

I also have a very positive opinion of Arlen Specter, who was also very gracious with us.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »

FYI, Gore is on CSPAN at the moment discussing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, why he voted for it, why it came into existence, and how it may be time to review it in order to keep it from being misused or overused.  I'm reminded that he's stiff, verbose, judgemental, and a bit pompous, but not painfully so.  He's actually well-versed in the subject.  If you're interested in FISA, or in objectively viewing a post-depression and much heavier Al Gore, tune in to CSPAN.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 11:18:18 AM »

When I met him five years ago, he was very nice, courteous, and cooperative. Unlike Rick Santorum, George W. Bush, or Dick Cheney, who all refused to see us (It was our history class asking for an interview for the school paper, and all of those whom we interviewed including Joe Lieberman, and Arlen Specter). Gore took the time to see the five of us, and I couldn't have asked for more from him, unlike Bush or Santorum, etc. who outright refused to see us.

I also have a very positive opinion of Arlen Specter, who was also very gracious with us.

This is what one would expect from the people you listed, based upon their ideologies.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 11:31:04 AM »

I'm surprised about Specter.  He has quite a reputation for being an asshole.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »

And Josh is correct.  Gore lost at least one election. 

Sure.  The 1988 presidential primaries.  Smiley
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »

Maybe you havent heard about the FL scrub list that the BBC reported and the right-wing corporate media ignored.  Bush is only president because of the corrupt activist Supreme Court justices who appointed him to office.

You're a Republican?  You sound like Jfern.

...how long have i been posting here? that was me pulling a jfern...and apparently i nailed it.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

Maybe you havent heard about the FL scrub list that the BBC reported and the right-wing corporate media ignored.  Bush is only president because of the corrupt activist Supreme Court justices who appointed him to office.

You're a Republican?  You sound like Jfern.

...how long have i been posting here? that was me pulling a jfern...and apparently i nailed it.

You sure did.  I didn't think you were serious, but there were no smilies, so I wasn't sure.  You nailed it beautifully, man. Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 05:09:47 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2006, 05:14:11 PM by Dr. Cynic »

Well, he was very kind to all of us, as were Gore and Lieberman when we saw them. (Lieberman has an odd sense of humor, btw)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 05:10:35 PM »

Well, Senator Specter was very kind, and I left with a positive opinion of him. He answered our questions, and was very kind over lunch. Same with Gore and Lieberman (Lieberman has an odd sense of humor btw).

Specter's only an asshole to Republicans.  He's nice to democrats.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »

Lockbox.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 05:23:08 PM »

Well, Senator Specter was very kind, and I left with a positive opinion of him. He answered our questions, and was very kind over lunch. Same with Gore and Lieberman (Lieberman has an odd sense of humor btw).

Sort of like jfern?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »

Sort of like jfern?

No, ferny's mean to just about everybody.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

Sort of like jfern?

No, ferny's mean to just about everybody.

He's a total prick, but he doesn't attack those few who agree with him.  He attacks all Republicans, and any Democrat who isn't as extreme as he is.  Under his definition of "Democrat," the party would receive about 10% of the vote.  It's scary that people like him comprise even that big a share of the population.

I wonder if he has many friends.  I find it hard to believe that he could, even in Berzerkeley.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 08:07:38 PM »

Freedom fighter.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies