John Kerry Posts on DailyKos (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Kerry Posts on DailyKos (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Kerry Posts on DailyKos  (Read 6618 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: January 22, 2006, 06:57:53 AM »

I have to say, its interesting...I think it pretty much disqualifies him from running for president again (just my personal opinion, it seems like he's a little too strong with his language, but eh, what the hell, he's got a lifetime job if he wants to keep it)...

is it possible he's trying to establish himself as the conscience of the Democratic Party?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »

I have to say, its interesting...I think it pretty much disqualifies him from running for president again (just my personal opinion, it seems like he's a little too strong with his language...

You mean you think the content of the post itself disqualifies him for running for president or posting on DailyKOS at all disqualifies him?

The post itself seemed fairly innocuous to me - an obvious crititism most non-Bush supporters have of the man.

Well, opebo, fairly innocuous to you, might be quite offensive (I'm not saying it is, but the possibility is there) to the average american.

Oh I know that this is the first part of a strategy to energize the base for a Kerry 2008 run. I mean, I respect him for having the cajones to say some things (but calling Tommy Franks something akin to an administration stooge [right or wrong]...can't help your chances with the average Joe).

I think in his attempt to have the party grow a spine, he's being more blunt...about time someone does that...but in doing so, I think he's starting to go down the Howard Dean path (great for Democrats and in the Dem Party, but unelectable nationwide). And its a shame, while I can't say I'm a Kerry fan (I did prefer him to the other candidate in 04), it seems to say that no one can be blunt anymore without losing their shot.

Ah well, thats my opinion anyways.

It will be interesting to see how he fares (especially if Al Gore enters the race--who has been more veiled in his remarks, at least from what press he's received.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies