John Kerry Posts on DailyKos (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:42:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Kerry Posts on DailyKos (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Kerry Posts on DailyKos  (Read 6592 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:29:56 PM »

National politicians reaching out to the netroots is a good thing and should be encouraged, not ridiculed. Politicians are supposed to stay in touch with constituents.

I shudder to agree with him. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But DailyKos is a bit of a whack site to be fair.

If Senator Kerry starts being a regular contributor to their threads and such, that would be one thing.  Top post commentary to a fairly well known political site is not a bad thing.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »

I'm not saying it isn't him, I'm not saying it is.   I have no problem if John Kerry embraces the modern age and blogs, I just tend to be skeptical about sources of information - particularly when they come from political blogs -

Blogs are often more reliable than the traditional news media. The traditional media is extremely lazy nowadays and prefers to publish RNC talking points as opposed to doing any real investigative research.

If you want to have some fun, read the GOP talking points then watch FOX News for a day or two.  Then read the Dems talking points and watch CNN for a day or two.  The choice of top stories is amazing.

Blogs can bring a lot to bear on a story.  It was bloggers that ripped into the Rather memo and did more research into it than the MSM.  Heck, Drudge was just a blogger with some contacts until he put a headline about a woman named Monica on his website.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies